BCG treatment and itching

5 years 5 months ago #56035 by Vh9246
Replied by Vh9246 on topic BCG treatment and itching
We spoke to my husbands dr before the treatment. He said BCG releases a lot of histamines etc and couldn't say for sure that the BCG is what caused him to be itchy. He also said this is itchy skin weather .we live in the north east. My husband always had dry skin. So let's see what this week brings. He made us feel so good saying you know things do tend to go away with this treatment. From his mouth to Gods ears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #56034 by Vh9246
Replied by Vh9246 on topic BCG treatment and itching
Yes we will speak to the dr before. He has always had itchy skin on his back etc and it is relieved with a lotion Cerave. I just want to make sure this isn't an allergic reaction. Thank you for your response and I will write back when I get an answer. I love this forum. We never heard of BCG ..never thought radiation would have caused anterial bladder cancer .

5 years 5 months ago #56033 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic BCG treatment and itching
Can you call your husband's doctor's office and ask them these questions or talk with them prior to the BCG today? Please let us know what the doctor says.
Best wishes,

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

5 years 5 months ago #56032 by Vh9246
BCG treatment and itching was created by Vh9246
My husband is going for his 3rd BCG of 6 treatments today. Recentlyhe said he feels itchy , arms back . He does have dry skin . Can this itching be from the bcgtreatments? His diagnosis is stage0 carsinoma in site also has anyone become incontinent after a cysto and remain so through the treatments? Does the in continuance ever go away he's on Myrbetriq .
Thanks for any help this is all new to us.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne