In the process.....

5 years 5 months ago #55934 by doglover
Replied by doglover on topic In the process.....
Thank you for the information. The more I read, the more I can understand and prepare for my experience.
You are right; God always hears us, but do we stop and listen to Him.
Is the TURBT a necessary step, and must it be in hospital? Is that an outpatient process or must you stay?
Keeping you on my prayer list.

DX 10-19 First TURB Low grade, non invasive papillary urothelial carcinoma pTa. Recurrence 11-19 Second TURB DX Papillary Urothelial Neoplasm of Low Malignant Potential (PUNLMP)
Second recurrence discovered June 8, 2020 six months later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #55922 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic In the process.....
Sorry this has taken so long. I also have an Indiana and had vaginal reconstruction. We have seen cases of woman seeing bleeding post op but they have usually been self resolving or fistulas that either self resolve or need an additional procedure to resolve.

Again so sorry to chime in so late. Please give us an update so we know what is going on with you.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #55918 by JIMG4
Replied by JIMG4 on topic In the process.....
doglover, so far I'm very happy with my urologist. He's young enough to be my son, but what a great soul and my gut feels good with him taking care of me! We talked a little about the future, just in case, and he mentioned the importance of putting together the right team of doctors that fit me if necessary.

The tumor, according to my urologist, is approximately 1.5 inches in size and is on the lower left wall of my bladder obscuring the prostate to some degree. We've done a PSA and I'm awaiting results on that but I don't believe the prostate is affected. He'll also do a DRE when I go in for the cystoscopy, those are always fun :silly: . The cystoscopy will be in office (10/16) and the TURBT will be hospital based in the OR.

Thank you for the positive words and reply! All will be fine! God hears us all, the question is this....do we hear God?!

10/25/18: TURBT
11/06/18: DX Ta - low grade non-invasive TCC
07/07/20: Recurrence. TURBT (07/30/20)
08/13/20 - 09/17/20 gemcitibine chemo intravesical therapy
12/14/22 - Cystoscopy Recurrence
01/19/23 - TURBT + Gemcitibine intravesical.
01/23/23 - DX non muscle invasive high grade

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #55916 by doglover
Replied by doglover on topic In the process.....
So happy for you Jim! You followed through very quickly. You must have excellent medical staff to work with. God has heard your prayers.
I pray your cystoscopy has a benign result. What was the size of the tumor if I may ask? Is the TURBT procedure being done in the office, or must you go to a hospital?

DX 10-19 First TURB Low grade, non invasive papillary urothelial carcinoma pTa. Recurrence 11-19 Second TURB DX Papillary Urothelial Neoplasm of Low Malignant Potential (PUNLMP)
Second recurrence discovered June 8, 2020 six months later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JIMG4

5 years 5 months ago #55915 by JIMG4
In the process..... was created by JIMG4
Hi everyone,

to start, my name is Jim, I'm a realist not a pessimist, I have strong faith and believe in God, oh and I"m 53 years young and quite handsome (LOL - just messin' around) here's a quick synopsis of where I'm at.

Have had several persistent conditions over the last several years. 4 weeks ago - gross hematuria; 2 weeks ago - CT scan tumor found; 1 week ago - met with urologist; 1 week from today - cystoscopy; TURBT to be scheduled shortly after cystoscopy.

Clearly holding onto the possibility that tumor could be benign!

Good things.....tumor not through exterior wall of bladder, according to urologist feels we've found early enough!

Just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all those who have battled through bladder cancer and are currently battling through bladder cancer and have come here and continue to come here to share and help. Newbies and rookies always need help and guidance and a place where they can go to get that. Your strength and courage to get through your personal battles is positive proof that winning is possible and your commitment to share is evidence of your character and greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Best,

Jim

10/25/18: TURBT
11/06/18: DX Ta - low grade non-invasive TCC
07/07/20: Recurrence. TURBT (07/30/20)
08/13/20 - 09/17/20 gemcitibine chemo intravesical therapy
12/14/22 - Cystoscopy Recurrence
01/19/23 - TURBT + Gemcitibine intravesical.
01/23/23 - DX non muscle invasive high grade

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne