Quarantine

5 years 7 months ago #55835 by Antonova
Replied by Antonova on topic Quarantine
Thank you. Being able to “vent” helps immensely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #55834 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Quarantine
Antonova,
Hugs to you. I hope your doctor can help your husband understand that you don't need to be quarantined.
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

5 years 7 months ago #55833 by Antonova
Replied by Antonova on topic Quarantine
No, it’s me with cancer and I will be taking the treatments. This quarantine request has piled grief onto grief, and I don’t know if I can bear up under the weight. Your answers were great and it helps me to just have a place to express my sorrow. Thanks to all who answered.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #55831 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Quarantine
Sorry you are having this issue while I am not sure who is the person fighting the cancer, you or your husband! I am presuming you are talking about BCG and it's potential hazards? I was told to bleach or clorox the toilet after usage for a few hours. Also, I was told protected sexual intercourse would be prudent. However, that was about is. My own URO told me if it was THAT dangerous he wouldn't not let his personnel handle it nor would he instill it. You may want to have your husband be re-assured by your doc. To this day some 10 years on this board I can't remember reading about ANYONE getting cross contamination. Please, post with any other questions and trust he understands. We are here for you and your husband.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 7 months ago #55830 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Quarantine
So sorry to read your message. I assume that your husband will be having BCG treatments? If so, it is apparent that he doesn’ t understand what BCG really is. Yes, it is a live bacterial preparation and certain common sense precautions should be taken with it. However, it is a MODIFIED tb bug that was first developed almost a hundred years ago as a vaccination for children.

If one is careful and uses normal hygiene (washing hands) and using bleach in the toilet after voiding for the first few hours there is no danger to anyone. Most of us have gone back to work the day after treatment and continued with our normal lives.....sleeping in the same bed with a spouse. Perhaps not having intimate relations for a couple of days.

If I might make a suggestion, you might call the urologist’s office and ask to speak with his nurse (I find nurses to be great in such situations.). She can alert the doctor to discuss this with your husband.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 7 months ago #55829 by Antonova
Quarantine was created by Antonova
My husband wants me to live in quarantine in another part of our house during the 6 week treatment. I am devastated on many fronts. I can’t stop crying,

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne