Need Help - PUNLAMP

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #55759 by egro82
Replied by egro82 on topic Need Help - PUNLAMP
Hi.

Thank you both ( sara.anne & Alan ) for kind word and warm welcome.
Her doctor make an appointment for next Monday for further instruction so i must wait but it is really a hard thing to do.
i read most of the topic here but actually i didn't managed to find answer to some of my questions.
so i'm going to ask it here if it's O.K. ( thanks for answering my previous question btw )
1. Are Papillary Urothelial Neoplasm of Low Malignant Potential (PUNLMP) and Noninvasive Low-Grade Papillary Urothelial Carcinoma (LGPUC) really two different thing or they just create PUNLMP term to avoid using the word "cancer" for emotional and financial ( insurance ) reasons?
2.Anyone has any experience or knowledge about New Zealand's medical capabilities and facilities?

She insist to go to New Zealand despite this situation and stay there for next 14 month. at first i was against her decision but now i have some doubt and i'm start to think maybe it's better for her to go . any thought about this as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #55757 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Need Help - PUNLAMP
Your mother is fortunate to have you looking out for her!!

First of all, PUNLAMP (Papillary Urothelial Neoplasm of Low Malignant Potential) is probably the very best kind of bladder tumor to have. While it is cancer, it is very slow growing and not especially likely to progress. It is NOT life-threatening at this time. The usual protocol for this type of diagnosis is no treatment at all, but just exams by a urologist every three months for a while to be sure that there are no problems.

Your mother should be sure to have whatever exams the urologist recommends, however, since there is always a small chance that this could recur.

All the best to you both

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 7 months ago #55756 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Need Help - PUNLAMP
Egro82. Welcome. Your English is probably better than mine! From what I understand a diagnosis of PUNLMP is usually non malignant. While none of us are doctors, your doc sounds like he/she is on top of this. IF you wanted extra peace of mind perhaps a second opinion could be done. Maybe just another person looking at the biopsy to confirm?

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 7 months ago #55755 by egro82
Need Help - PUNLAMP was created by egro82
Hi
First i want to apologize for my poor English skills.
30 days ago during a routine ultrasound checkup a small polyp like mass found in mother's bladder.( she is just 63 btw) .
Her doctor performed a TURB procedure and he said to me he removed all the suspected area and he added that the tumor size were so small ( 8*8*4 millimeter) he added that there was only one polyp present.he sent the removed part to pathology section for further investigations.
Today i got the result and their diagnosed was that the tumor was PUNLAMP indeed.
Now i have some question and i'm so scared.
1. Is chemo or immune trophy common for one small PUNLAMP or it's going to be just fallow up check up? the reason that i ask this is because she planned to go to another country in 10 day for almost 14 months and i'm really concerned about this as i'm not sure about their medical capabilities and facilities. and she insist to go anyway.
Is it wise to go to this trip?
2. I read some of the topic here and i seriously want to know how likely this damned disease will occur again?
3. Is PUNLAMP life threatening?

I'm so desperate please answer me asp.
Thanks a lot.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne