× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

TURBT completed, awaiting Path report

2 years 1 month ago #55737 by Rogal
Hello Alan,
Just received the path result via my TURBT urologist. Stage II papillary urothelial carcinoma is what we were told. Didn't know to ask if it is high or low grade at the time we spoke to the Doc. The doc got us a quick setup appointment with one of the surgeons in his group (and our insurance), as well as an oncologist the same day.
Still a long road to travel so if there are any "pioneers" out there who've traveled this path feel free to chime in any advice or tips. - R.G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #55735 by Alan

Let's simply hope the path report is good for you. You are smart to think ahead as hopefully all of us do! Either way this is treatable and beatable. Keep us posted.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #55734 by Jack R

You are correct. The pathology report, and perhaps a second opinion of the pathology report, along with a full urinary tract CT will be a big part of planning. Hopefully you get answers from pathology soonest.

Using the SEARCH feature, from the bar at the top of the screen, you can search for DIVERSIONS and have years of discussion on the subject made available. Search also using the diversions you are considering. Frequently expressed is that most people are not disappointed in their choice, once they adjust to their new normal.

I did not find any absolute answer to my concerns in reading lots of opinions. I learned much about the daily life with the various diversions, and came to my own conclusion as to what would realistically work best in matching my lifestyle. I went into remission during pre-RC chemo, and the RC has been on hold, waiting, watching.

Ask any specific concerns about the choices you are considering - someone should have a thought or two.


What's with this Bleeding ? 6/2015
DX: HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rogal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #55733 by Rogal
Post TURBT, and the Doc said he had to leave some of the flat tumor due to a lot of scraping and cauterizing and didn't want to take a chance of going through bladder wall. He thinks it is likely muscle invasive but awaiting path report. Read the Cleveland Clinic Tumor staging link that member named Alan posted and is very easy to understand. Will check back once report results are in. Staging seems to be the key point for planning future steps. Already studied all the diversion options, and have 2 in mind if possible.
I think what would really help me is to know pros and cons of each diversion method from those living it everyday. So much to consider (doctors, insurance, locations, etc). So ironic how one minute you can think you're the healthiest person in the room, then you get a BC diagnoses, isn't life full of surprises!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne


Total Online: 2 Users and 63 Guests 
Alan's AvatarAlan, joea73's Avatarjoea73

Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator User Banned


Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 2 Latest User: abec52
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 7
Total Posts: 54207 Total Subjects: 7110 Total Users: 6688