Positive Urine Sample

5 years 8 months ago #55641 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Positive Urine Sample
Cytology often has false positives. Sounds like your URO is on top of things after "suspicious" finding going to "positive". Good medicine (and none of us are doctors) is usually doing the least invasive treatment until more is needed. Another cytology test I believe is prudent. Heck, I even had a suspicious test with my GP that was sent to mu URO and when I showed up he said, "What am I doing there". It was nothing. That was about 3 years ago.

With you not having BCG I am presuming your prior tumors were low grade? If they were high grade BCG is the normal course for non invasive.

IF the cytology is positive then a cystoscopy would probably be the next test. Let's trust this is nothing. Keep us posted!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #55640 by Diwai
Positive Urine Sample was created by Diwai
I have been treated for Bladder Cancer since 2009 and during that time have had 2 small non invasive polyps, the last in 2012. During regular "Cystos" a urine sample is always taken and the results have always come back "Suspicious".
My most recent sample (July 2018) however has returned "Positive" and my Urologist has requested I provide a second sample before proceeding further. I had biopsies done in the Kidney track a few years ago and all came back negative.
If following a second positive test what under normal conditions would be the followup treatment? (I have yet to have any BCG course of treatment up to now) Does this test indicate that Cancer is present in areas other than the Bladder"
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and answers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne