Bladder cancer stage 2

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #55603 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Bladder cancer stage 2
A couple of quick observations. Yes, I misread 2017/April as 2018. You still simply do not know what you are facing until you hopefully get to a top notch facility that sees a LOT of bladder cancer. In so many the prostate is the focus as they dwarf bladder issues. Most people adapt and do quite well with any of the 3 diversions they choose. It does sound like your URO's expertise is just the urostomy bag as that is his/her push. Whoever and whatever diversion you end up with that surgeon needs to have seen and done MANY of these. I would want one that has done at least 75-100 or at least 2 years worth. I am bookmarking a wonderful site explaining the pros and cons of each diversion. See: my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/12546-urinary-reconstruction--diversion.

While blood clots are not good to see I have learned too many times not to speculate. Especially as none of us are doctors and every patient is different. One day at a time! The one thing for sure, get working on this Monday! Ask away as you have more questions.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #55601 by Jerecurl1
Replied by Jerecurl1 on topic Bladder cancer stage 2
Thank u Alan for ur prompt reply. I was diagnosed in april 2017. Im afraid the cancer has spread. The urologist says he has to do bladder removal. And I will have to live with a bag. I didnt want to lose my bladder but it seems I have no option. He said neobladders leak and doesnt do them. He doesnt recommend it for me. Do u think the blood clots r a sign the cancer has spread?

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #55600 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Bladder cancer stage 2
Jerecurl,

Welcome. Yes, the usual treatment for stage 2 bladder cancer which is called muscle invasive bladder cancer is a cystectomy. If you have any doubt or sometimes just for peace of mind a second opinion is done. This needs to be at a major bladder cancer center that deals exclusively with bladder cancer or a teaching hospital. The surgery is rigorous and you want a surgeon that does many of these. What I have read is defined as 35-50 of these a year. This is nothing to delay on. It is treatable and beatable but you are 3 months after you initial diagnosis so get a move on. With more bleeding and pain this needs prompt attention to at least handle the pain and if unbearable call today as an exchange/weekend doc can work on that. Otherwise, Monday...tomorrow. Where do you live. Someone will probably have a hospital that they can recommend.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 8 months ago #55599 by Jerecurl1
Bladder cancer stage 2 was created by Jerecurl1
Hi everyone
I was diagnosed in april 2017 with bladder cancer stage 2. I had tumors removed, then radiation and chemo. Tumors came back and removed may 2018. They want to remove my bladder. I am presently having blood clots in urine and pain in bladder. What should i do?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne