LOOKING FOR DOCTOR. PLEASE HELP

5 years 8 months ago #55639 by StacyP
Replied by StacyP on topic LOOKING FOR DOCTOR. PLEASE HELP
I know how important getting the right Doc is in fighting this disease. I’m 8 years post RC & Neobladder surgery and still cancer free. (I was 41 when do). My doctors were at USC Keck/Norris Cancer Center in LA. I cannot say enough good things about my urosurgeon, Dr. Eila Skinner. She was THE best and she gave me the hope I needed after my initial diagnosis from another doc. I still go to USC for my follow up care but Dr. Eila Skinner is no longer there. She is a bigwig at Stanford now. Many of her patients initially followed her there and traveled from LA to Stanford for appts to keep her as their doc. I didn’t - but ONLY because I didn’t have the means to do so. I can not recommend her enough! She saved my life and preserved my quality of life too! Also you can look into Urology at USC in LA as well as City of Hope hospital. Both have great programs. Whomever and wherever you choose I would urge your husband to make sure he feels comfortable and trusts his doc/team implicitly. It’s important and integral to successful treatment & recovery. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Best to you both!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #55598 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic LOOKING FOR DOCTOR. PLEASE HELP
M.D. Anderson in Houston is world renowned. I am only familiar with a few but, all the staff seems to enjoy an incredible reputation. Dr's Kamat, Grossman and Denney are the ones I have any real knowledge of.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Musashi

5 years 9 months ago #55596 by Theoks
Replied by Theoks on topic LOOKING FOR DOCTOR. PLEASE HELP
My husband is treated at UCSF by Dr Peter Carroll. He is an excellent clinician and communicator . UCSF is also a wonderful patient focused hospital
The following user(s) said Thank You: Musashi

5 years 9 months ago #55595 by Musashi
LOOKING FOR DOCTOR. PLEASE HELP was created by Musashi
hello, My husband has been diagnosed with bladder cancer last week. He’s 48. I’m very scared. We are expats and we are currently living in China. The fda here hasn’t approved the BCG vaccine. Everyone we have spoken to has told us not to operate here in China . His Tumor is large and flat and the doctor said it’s at least stage 2 just by looking at it. Ct showed the other organs are ok. I’m Canadian and my husband is Australian but we’ve been living in Asia for 15 years and we don’t have roots anywhere. China blocks internet/Facebook and google so I have very little access to get help/information and the outside world. We are planning to fly out of China to get the TURBT and treatment but we don’t know where to go. We are looking for a super oncologist/ urologist. We can go anywhere in the world but we have no leads. Mayo? Hopkins? If you know of any amazing world renowned urologists or famous hospitals could you please get in touch with me?
Thank you. I really appreciate it. I’ve got two tiny babies at home, I need to get this right

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne