New member, possible dx

5 years 9 months ago #55545 by Biscuit53
Replied by Biscuit53 on topic New member, possible dx
My doctor did a urine test and there was microscopic blood. Immediately sent to urologist. I only saw blood after heavy bicycle 30 mile ride. After tests, one stage 1 tumor found and removed. Had no other symptoms under normal activities. Get to the urologist as soon as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #55543 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic New member, possible dx
Yes, I think you are doing the right thing to push to see a urologist.
Best wishes,

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

5 years 9 months ago #55542 by RobynRed
New member, possible dx was created by RobynRed
Hi everyone. A new member here, looking at tests to learnnifninhabe bladder cancer. I did the thing where you scare yourself silly by using google. I shouldn’t do that. I’ve had gross hematuria for about 4 days now, off and on with clotting. Urine showed a lot of blood in the test. A CT scan with contrast rules out kidney stones, but they couldn’t get a clear picture of the bladder and urethra.

I am currently trying to convince my PCP to give me a referral to a urologist, but I’m worried this will be a bit of a fight, as I don’t see the doctor often and they don’t suspect that cancer is a factor here. (I’m 39, with a family hx of other cancers) I am also a bleeding risk so I prefer not to see the red stuff, because I don’t make clotting factor well. Otherwise I have no pain or other symptoms.

Should I continue to push for the urologist?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne