Have some questions

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #55586 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Have some questions
I wouldn't speculate on her question. I have learned to my detriment I don't ask enough questions back. I probably would have been the same so don't feel bad. The obvious question was why do you ask? Plus, did you see anything? On my own scan the radiologist typed in "no tumors visible or present". My very thorough URU actually read it also and saw my small tumor so who knows what if anything was seen. Doesn't make any difference though. The cystoscopy is also part of the diagnosis process. BOTH together are needed.

I also remind you back to Jack's answer of possibilities on a stone, cyst etc. Sometimes the cause of bleeding are NEVER found! You simply have to wait...and that is no fun. Let's just hope it is nothing.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bundy13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #55585 by bundy13
Replied by bundy13 on topic Have some questions
Alan, thank you for your response. Honestly you guys do make me feel better. The swollen feet I've seen on a couple of websites including this one as a symptom of advanced bladder cancer. But you're right it can be anything and Google will tell you that you have cancer. I'll just have to wait.

A cystoscopy hasn't been done, I'm meeting with my urologist on the 23rd so hopefully he can schedule it that day. Today I had my CT scan, the radiologist came in after and just asked "how long have you had blood in your urine?" I told her a couple weeks ago visible and then on a lab test. She said ok and that was it. I hope it's nothing but I'm over thinking it maybe? Because why would she ask that? It's kind of odd unless she saw something right?

5 years 9 months ago #55522 by Alan
Never heard that swollen feet are a symptom of bladder cancer. The internet and TV are a wealth of info and a lot is bogus, false or misleading. Heck, you watch ads on tv for prescription meds and after all of the "potential" side effects I am not sure ANYONE would take ANYTHING. Stick with your professional team....yes they can be off sometimes also that is why I encourage people to listen to their bodies and give them as much information as you can....including swollen feet.

Has a cystoscopy been done? That combined with your scheduled CT scan are the 2 more definitive tests. Until then you know nothing. IF, and only IF those 2 require further follow up, usually a TURB (transurethral resection of the bladder) and will be a minor surgery done as day surgery and only then after a biopsy will you really know what you may face. If the 2 tests show nothing they may do a few others BUT, some never ever find the cause of hematuria.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 9 months ago #55521 by bundy13
Thank you so much for your guy's answers. You're right, I have to take it one day at a time because the more I look at stuff online the more anxious I get. Now I read that swollen feet are a symptom of advanced bladder cancer and I have been getting them for about 2 months. I've never had them before someone that makes me freak out.
I'm going to try and stay positive though, my Dr ordered a urinalysis (not just the dipstick like at the DRs office) and it came negative for red blood cells. That's a good sign right?
I hope is and I'm trying to hold on to that to stay positive.
Hope everything is well with you guys.

5 years 9 months ago #55504 by Alan
Bundy,

Jack has given you a good possibility including a cyst or a stone. There are many other possibilities that are NOT bladder cancer. I am presuming a cystoscope has not been done yet which is the short peek into the bladder. I won't say it is any fun but, I describe it as uncomfortable more than painful and over in 5-10 minutes. The waiting is no fun however, you simply will not know anything concrete until all the tests are done. Even then a few people NEVER find a reason for passing blood. I personally know 3 people that have gone through that including my wife. Sometimes long distance runners encounter this. The best advice I can give is take one day at a time.

5 years 9 months ago #55501 by bundy13
Hi Jack and thank you so much for your response. I didn't mention to my Dr the results from the hospital because it was April of 2017 and I pulled them till after my appointment. I'm worried because basically now I know I've been bleeding for over a year. That's bad right? Do you think in that long time it could be cancer? And it probably has had time to spread so it freaks me out.
My Dr has referred me to a urologist and has a CT Urogram ordered for me.
All the blood tests he ordered on Monday have come back all normal so that's always a good thing right?
Hope to hear back or someone's input here because I can't help but to worry sick. Thanks in advance.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne