Have some questions

5 years 9 months ago #55499 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Have some questions
Bundy,

Most important is what your doctor says at your followup visit. Be sure that she has a copy of the hospital scan report.

From your statements, you have had microscopic blood AND visible blood in your urine, since last year. Doctors have apparently not identified a cause. Your current doc needs to see the hospital report and decide if a further work-up is required.

It appears that you may have a kidney stone and a cyst that may or may not need to followed.

No need to freak out, but follow up appointments with your doctor, given the history you stated, is the only way to determine if the blood is a minor or major issue.

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #55498 by bundy13
Have some questions was created by bundy13
Hi guys! Hope this is the right place to post this. I have a question, I'm freaking out over here.
Last week I had visible blood in my urine twice, went to the doctor this Monday and she said there was "a log of blood in my urine, you just can't see it"
I wasn't freaking out much because I had gone to the ER last year for upper abdominal pain and they did all kinds of tests said there was nothing wrong and sent me on my way.

Today I pulled my results from the hospital website just to see for myself and saw something I wish they would have told me. Or maybe is nothing, can you guys help me?

They did urine test and it reads

"blood urine dipstick POC 2+"

Also they did a CT scan that found

"No prostate enlargement. No obstructive uropathy. Nonobstructing 2 mm calculus in the right renal calyx. Exophytic 1 cm left renal cyst. Normal appearance of the adrenal glands and abdominal aorta. No retroperitoneal or pelvic lymphadenopathy."

So was I bleeding already?
What's a calculus?
Can a cyst turn into cancer?
Can they confused those two things for cancer?

Thank you in advance hope to hear from someone soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne