Recent T1 MO

5 years 3 weeks ago #57010 by Atlanta51
Replied by Atlanta51 on topic Recent T1 MO
Joe, I haven’t heard from you for some time. Hope you are doing well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #55354 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Recent T1 MO
Atlanta,

You said, not looking forward to it, but “I am where I am.” You have simply gotten to the "other" side of beating this and took the words out of my mouth when people ask how to deal with any disease. It has happened and all we can do is go forward. You are inspirational. One day at a time. I trust this next round will be the end of this.

Thanks for your message.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atlanta51

5 years 9 months ago #55352 by Atlanta51
Joe, second TURBT with mitomycin on May 14. Doctor suggested this TURBT would be easier than the first, but he was wrong. Suffered from dull pain in the pelvic area which has been slow to heal. Second TURBT found another small lesion (peanut size) which was removed (low grade papillary carcinoma), but no invasion into the lamina propria. The Doctor felt fairly confident it was missed with the first TURBT. Best news was that the prior tumor sites (two) uninvolved by carcinoma. So, start BCG in two weeks. Not looking forward to it, but “I am where I am.” Your help on side effects have been very helpful. Hope you are well.

5 years 9 months ago #55350 by JoeSmo55
Replied by JoeSmo55 on topic Recent T1 MO
all is well now- this is the time i like... after bcg and before next cystoscopy. we t down to StPete for a few weeks, now enjoying michigan pooltyme with this 90+ degree weather. next cyctoscopy toward end of July.

How are things with you? did you start bcg yet?

5 years 10 months ago #55339 by Atlanta51
Joe, just checking in. How are you?

5 years 11 months ago #55179 by Atlanta51
Joe, good news; fingers crossed for you.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne