BCG and Newborns

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #54413 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG and Newborns
None of us are doctors but, the probability of BCG causing problems is pretty remote as your nurse indicated. Most of us were told to bleach the toilet for a few flushes after voiding after each installation. Then any sexual activity most of us were told to wait until the course was done or use protection. That said I have never heard or read of any problems in that area. As my URO told me, if it was that toxic he would not allow his office to handle it.

Go and enjoy life and those grand kids!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billyb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #54412 by Billyb
BCG and Newborns was created by Billyb
I was just diagnosed with noninvasive bladder cancer about a month ago and started my BCG treatments last week. At the end of December my daughter will be giving birth to her second child (our fourth grandchild). We were going to travel to help care for our two and half year old granddaughter while she recuperates and adjusts to her newborn.

I was told by the nurse administering my BCG treatment that there is no danger to the newborn. I will be on my 5th or 6th treatment at the time and obviously I am concerned. Can anyone confirm or deny what I have been told? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne