Diagnosed Nov. 14.

6 years 3 months ago #54410 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Diagnosed Nov. 14.
David,

A bit more information is needed to make sense of your diagnosis and treatment plan. I am guessing that you already know the information, and it just seemed unimportant.

The majority of the people here have TCC Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the bladder. That cancer comes in two forms, papillary (think of mushrooms) and cancer in-situ (think velvet rash).

You, however included the words "undifferentiated urothelial". From this description, there is a ?strong? possibility that your diagnosis is NOT TCC, but MAY be small-cell (or another variant) carcinoma. The treatments are different for the two cancers.

The recommended treatment you describe may be entirely appropriate for your diagnosis. Only your doctor can confirm the diagnosis, and explain the need for a more aggressive initial treatment.

You can search on this site for "Small Cell" and read the comments of others. Again it is UNCLEAR (to me) what your diagnosis is.

I hope this helps explain that there are a range of standard treatments based on diagnosis. It is important that the treatment plan match the diagnosis.

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #54406 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Diagnosed Nov. 14.
Welcome, David. Bladder cancer is treatable and beatable. If I read correctly your path reports a high grade tumor and non muscle invasive. I do know a few that have had that DX and taken the bladder out immediately however, being non muscle has your URO team discussed BCG treatments? It is immunotherapy that attacks tumors with the immune system. I say this because the majority will also say try it as a bladder preservation attempt and it does work for a majority. If it is muscle invasive then the gold standard is removal.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

6 years 3 months ago #54405 by cantseeme123
Diagnosed Nov. 14. was created by cantseeme123
57 year old, athletic, paleo diet. Non muscle invasive, 2mm undifferentiated urothellial. Turbt on Nov. 7th, path and diagnosis following week. Full removal and clear CT and MRI scans after. We have a research center here, ( Gibbs cancer center Spartanburg Regional, zip is 29302. Starting chemo the week of Dec 4th. Radical Cystechtomy Feb. sometime. (Having to convince my wife that this is the right thing to do.)

I would like to build conversation/contact with someone that has similar diagnosis and consequent treatment.?

Sincerely,

David L.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne