Just Diagnosed -- What Next?

6 years 9 months ago #53496 by RJake1
Just Diagnosed -- What Next? was created by RJake1
63 yr old former smoker (quit 30 yrs ago). Went to Dr about 10 days after first discolored urine. Had the camera look at my bladder. Tumor is present. Very scared.

After informing me, my Dr said "you're not going to die from it." She said there are good and bad versions of the cancer, and this looks like the good, but she couldn't commit (which has me worried even more). I asked her survival rate and she said 97% - I think she was shocked that I asked, and looked like she wanted to say 100% (which made me feel better).

I have TURBT scheduled for June 21. Since yesterday I've been thinking of nothing but worst case scenarios and reading horror stories on the web. I have a 20 yr old daughter that needs me and I'm not ready to go just yet.

Some questions - besides what next to expect - are there worsening sypmtoms with various stages of bladder cancer? I'd like to think I caught it early as I have no symptoms beyond discolored urine (blood in urine). Any correlation to symptoms and severity?

My Dr said there is a "good" and "bad" type. Does anyone know what she might be referring to?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne