Scared please read

6 years 10 months ago #53296 by daniel570
Replied by daniel570 on topic Scared please read
Thank you for talking to me. It makes my anxiety ease. And thank you for being there for ppl on this site. Whether I get good or bad news I will still be on this site daily. Even if I can just try to ease tension a Lil bit as you have done for me. God bless

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #53295 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Scared please read
A scope is absolutely imperative and standard protocol to peek inside and see what is there. Probably the most common type of bladder cancer, CIS or flat lesions like a rash are nor normally seen on a CT Scan. These are the 2 standard tests when bleeding is unknown. Trusting that nothing is found!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daniel570

6 years 10 months ago #53294 by daniel570
I have an appt with urologist on Tuesday. Not sure if he will scope or not. Even though I'm scared to death of a bad outcome I still want to know.

6 years 10 months ago #53293 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Scared please read
Daniel,

Welcome. As you have done the most standard test (CT scan with contrast). Have you had a cystoscope done? If not that does need to be done and if it is negative there is a good probability you do not have bladder cancer. That said none of us are doctors. Causes of bleeding can be many as Cynthia said, and many are simply nothing. There are several times where no known cause is found. Take one day at a time (I know that isn't easy) and inform how the URO follow up goes.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

6 years 10 months ago #53290 by daniel570
Thank you for your quick responses. God bless you all. I lost a brother to cancer at a young age. Lost my mother about 5 years ago. I have really bad health anxiety. It's good just to get a response. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. And if anybody else would like to say anything please do.

6 years 10 months ago #53289 by MoreLife
Replied by MoreLife on topic Scared please read
Maybe it'll be reassuring that I have muscle-invasive bladder cancer and have never felt or seen a thing (it just got picked up through a routine physical's urine sample). Listen to your docs not the internet, but what you're describing sounds a lot like a small kidney stone passed through your urethra and cut into it a bit on the way through. For which the prescription, I think, would be drinking water and time.

For peace of mind, in addition to the medical checkups you're already doing, it's worth ordering some urine test strips that can detect invisible blood-in-urine at home. You can find 100+ strip packages for about $20 on Amazon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daniel570

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne