Pathology semi-inconclusive

6 years 11 months ago #53178 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Pathology semi-inconclusive
City,

Yours is a rather common situation.

When the doc takes that first biopsy sample s/he is basically blind as to the depth of the tumor. There is a balance between digging too deep and not enough.

Now, the doc knows where to take the next biopsy - after you heal a bit - and that the sample needs to include deeper tissue. The pathologist needs "clean margins" - non-tumor material surrounding the tumor - to make the true diagnosis. It is good that that is already planned.

Waiting is perhaps the most nerve-wracking part of BC. We can't see it, can't feel it, but we know it is there, and instead of actively fighting it we are told to wait. Frustrating. But the doc needs full info to properly treat it.

Try to relax, try to ignore the worrisome thoughts. Continue as normal, while planning ahead for the repeat TURBT. You are on track with many of us who have been there, this is a common (frustrating) occurrence.

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: cltyxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #53175 by cltyxx
Pathology semi-inconclusive was created by cltyxx
Hi there! I am 46 years old and just had TUR on April 6th. Just got back from my doctor office, my doctor's impression was High-grade T1/2 bladder cancer as my pathology report was semi-inconclusive.
In my pathology report, it stated that "there is extensive invasion into the lamina propria but it remains unclear whether the invaded muscle represents muscularis mucosae or musularis propria".
Will need to go back in one month and may schedule re-resection as per my doctor's notes.
I guess the waiting and the anxiety just make things worse.
Has anyone had similar experience? What should I do during the waiting period?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne