Second Opinion

6 years 11 months ago #53073 by Mistersac
Replied by Mistersac on topic Second Opinion
After having a cystoscopy and biopsy post initial BCG for non invasive CIS is it normal to wait 10 days for a follow up appointment? Uro said post procedure that he didn't see anything suspicious just some redness which could have been a byproduct of the BIG. He did however take 6 biopsies. Trying to be optimistic, but the 10 day wait is tough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #53071 by pjm
Replied by pjm on topic Second Opinion
Dr. Steinberg performed my RC w/ neobladder. He was recommended to me by two other surgeons. He has done thousands of these. All good here. You are in good hands.

6 years 11 months ago #53070 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Second Opinion
I would trust him with my life, and have a couple of times. He did my Radical Cystectomy and a kidney removal. In my personal opinion he is one of the tops. I traveled from Mass. for him to treat me after interviewing two of the top Urologists who are closer. Give him a try and you can always get anther opinion if you feel it is needed. Tell him I said hi.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

6 years 11 months ago #53069 by petersonj25
Replied by petersonj25 on topic Second Opinion
Have been diagnosed form a biopsy of the bladder dome thus: Bladder mucosa with focal areas of carcinoma in-situ with marked chronic inflammation and areas of follicular cystitis. No invasion or muscularis propria seen. Previous diagnosis was papillary urothelial carcinoma, high grade with focal goblet cell differentiation.No invasion identified. Muscularis propria is not present. Second opinion pending with Dr Gary Stineberg at Uof C Hospital in Chicago for a third cystectopy for another biopsy and cystview( blue light).Does anyone know about Dr Stinebergs reputation . Should I get an opinion from somewhere like Mayo instead. Male 77.

7 years 12 hours ago #53052 by Sean T
Replied by Sean T on topic Second Opinion
I got a second opinion from Hopkins after the TURBT. I wanted to make sure my first doc got all the tumor and had me on the right path of treatment. Hopkins said everything done good so I went back to my doc closer to home.

08/16/16 - TURBT - 1 tumor, T1HG, 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 1.8 cm, non-invasive papillary.
BCG treatments (15 doses total - last March, 2018). As of latest cysto, As of May 4, 2023 - cancer free!

7 years 13 hours ago #53051 by pjm
Replied by pjm on topic Second Opinion
Absolutely obtain a second opinion as to diagnosis and possible treatments. NCI centers are the best IMO.

Ta stage o high grade, TURBT x4 BCG x9 cis, RC 2/16 Neobladder all good male 69 yoa.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne