Newly diagnosed and worry.

7 years 1 month ago #52937 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Newly diagnosed and worry.
Yes, I have heard of blood passing during ejaculation. I also am guessing as you are that possibly something was damaged causing this situation. I would certainly follow up with your URO about this. While we are not doctors I'd guess this is a minor problem that is fixable while it does need attention.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #52936 by monsterinc714
Replied by monsterinc714 on topic Newly diagnosed and worry.
Hello Alan,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I had the TURB during my cystoscopy under general anesthesia.
I recently noticed that the bleeding comes only after I have an ejaculation. I've never had this problem before the cystoscopy/TURBT, so I'm quite worried he might've damaged something during the procedure. Have you heard anything regarding this type of complication?

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #52929 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Newly diagnosed and worry.
Welcome monsterinc714!

We are sorry why you are here but, there are many willing to help answer questions. First, your English is better than mine and that is all I know! Yes, low grade is often handled as a "wait and watch/see" monitoring by the doctor. Some additional bleeding often happens depending on how much digging, scraping or burning they do for a day or two. Many of us have very little bleeding, including my tumor which was small. It appears from your post you may have had your TURB during a cystoscopy? That itself is unusual unless you were given anesthesia. It sounds painful!! Tumors are often diagnosed as low grade then found to be part high grade or all high grade upon a second TURB or path, so a second opinion would give you peace of mind. Most importantly you want to find out why you are still passing blood and in itself would get me to a second look.

Keep asking and posting, someone will usually be around to help.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

7 years 1 month ago #52928 by monsterinc714
Newly diagnosed and worry. was created by monsterinc714
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to apologize for my English as it is not my primary language. I am 33 years old and was recently Dx with Stage 1 low grade Transitional cell cancer on Feb 14th 2017. It started out when I had 2 UTI episodes in 1 month so my GP sent to me to a urologist. Uro told me I had a stenotic urethra so he scheduled a cystoscopy to fix the problem. During the cystoscopy is when he found my bladder cancer and took it out on that same day for biopsy. It has been almost a month now and I keep having painless, massive hematuria with large clots. My Urologist told me it is normal to be bleeding but I'm very concern as it doesn't look like it's getting any better. Does anyone have the same issue? Will I eventually be on BCG down the road? Should I go seek for a 2nd opinion? I know these questions are very generic as each person is different but I would like to know people's experience on the matter. So far, he told me he took it out and I should do a 3 months follow up for 2 years and 6 months after that. Thank you for reading this.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne