82-year-old Mother with CIS

7 years 2 months ago #52690 by Gibsongal57
Replied by Gibsongal57 on topic 82-year-old Mother with CIS
Yes, the CIS was diagnosed from TURB pathology.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #52689 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic 82-year-old Mother with CIS
I am not currently able to access your earlier post, so please forgive me if I ask something you have already posted. I assume your mom's uro did a TURB for the initial diagnosis? It is only after biopsy samples have been analyzed by the pathologist that a real diagnosis can be made

With your mom!s fragile state, a second opinion with someone who specializes in cases like hers would be a good idea. Sara.Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

7 years 2 months ago #52687 by Gibsongal57
82-year-old Mother with CIS was created by Gibsongal57
A while back I posted about my mother being recently diagnosed with CIS following transitional cell bladder cancer diagnosis 4 years ago. She decided against doing BCG or any treatment because of her age and frail health. She recently had her 2nd scope since diagnosis and her doctor reported that he visualized the CIS and that it is "covering 10 percent of her bladder lining." He told her that it is growing faster than he expected. However, I had an appt with a (different) urologist last week and I asked him about my mother. He stated that CIS cannot be seen by naked eye and that there is no way her urologist could give her this type of report. The report by her own doctor has caused much anxiety to my mother and she fears death is imminent from the cancer. What are your opinions on this matter? My mother is mainly wanting more information from her doctor as to what the course of disease will be without doing any treatment. Any info you can offer on that as well would be greatly appreciated.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne