23 Y/O Male, Blood Clots at start of urination.

4 years 11 months ago #57436 by Msameh
Hi Glades
Any update ?
Thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #52527 by Alan
You have had a great battery of tests! A few more than normal as most of us have had the CT scan with contrast dye. The cystoscope is the other regular test and I see you are getting that done. A good radiologist should be able to see most abnormalities and you appear to be clear. There are many reasons for blood in the urine besides cancer and for a few no reason is ever found. Heavy runner/joggers sometimes have a problem as an example, sometimes a stone nicks things coming out causing bleeding. So, easy for me to say but, wait until the cystoscope is done and you will have at least done about all you can do to find a cause.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

7 years 3 months ago #52526 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic 23 Y/O Male, Blood Clots at start of urination.
My guess is that it is pretty accurate for larger masses (I am not a physician!) But not everything is a large mass....It is just one of the methods that provides a piece of the total picture. You could call the doctor's office and ask what the results were so that you could either relax a bit or really worry!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

7 years 3 months ago #52525 by Glades
thanks for replying, how accurate is the CT IVP KUB i had done in regards to finding or seeing any lesions or masses? its nearly 2.5 weeks till i see my urologist so i will be worrying this entire time, need something to ease my mind lol.

7 years 3 months ago #52524 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic 23 Y/O Male, Blood Clots at start of urination.
There are many many causes of urinary blood that are not bladder cancer. Also, while it does occur, bladder cancer is very rare in someone of your age. Having the urologist do cystoscopy, which is a relatively easy outpatient procedure, is a good idea and should answer at least some of the questions.

Do hope that they figure this out for you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #52523 by Glades
Hi,

I have recently noticed i have been passing very small string like blood clots at the start of urination (not every toilet trip, maybe once or twice a day) accompanied by pain at the tip of my penis at the start, during and a little after urination.

This first occured 2-3 weeks ago since then i have gotten.

CT scan IVP of KUB - All came back clear.
Ultrasound of Urethra / Prostate - All came back clear
Culture of urine and STI check - All came back clear
Testicular Ultrasound - Came back clear
Full blood work - Nothing Abnormal

I have an appt with my urologist for the 10th january and he will likely have me do a cystoscopy, i have been reading online and am dreadfully worried about bladder cancer . I am 23 Y/O do not smoke, eat very healthy and workout 6-7 days a week.

I have however had in the past a surgery to open the lining of my urethra as a kid (when i was 12) it could be a recoccuring problem regarding that, am hoping so.

however with all these tests done and what not what is the likelihood of cancer being present? is a CT scan accurate to rule out anything severely sinister?

Thank you guys, im very worried.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne