Living on the edge

7 years 4 months ago #52440 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Living on the edge
I will give you my "usual introduction" which says...sorry to see you here! I am glad that your urologist is taking this seriously and doing cystoscopy. It is brief and really non-invasive and will give him a much better idea of what is going on.

The only advice I can give right now is to try to relax; until more testing is done, you really don't know what is causing the problem. Hematuria can have dozens of causes, and sometimes they never figure it out.

Please keep us in the loop..will be thinking really good thoughts.,

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #52439 by Trishaw2
Living on the edge was created by Trishaw2
Hi and thank you so much for being a kind, well wishing, informative forum. I have been on here reading for two days now and I love each one of your kind hearts. So I have not been diagnosed with bc at this point. I have a ct scan next week followed by a cystoscopy on the 21st. I do have polycystic kidney disease (was diagnosed at 19) have had my spleen and gallbladder removed due to tumors, as well as two tumors from my thyroid. Sorry for the back history as it isn't necessarily relevant to what is going on now. Two saturdays ago I started passing blood clots in my urine. It lasted until Sunday. On Monday there was no trace of blood or infection in my urine. A test done again on Tuesday resulted in the same. On Thursday I woke up to blood in my urine that was visible for 2 days. Two days ago I went to urology. The doc did a urine test and there was a lot of RBC present microscopically. He ordered the a CT and said he didn't recommend a scope. After talking for a bit I showed him the pictures of my urine (pre and post the negative urine test) (gross I know, sorry) and then his demeanor and recommendation changed. He tossed out the big c word (wish he didn't) and said it was necessary to have the tests in the next 2-3 weeks. So here I sit waiting. Not sure of what to do or think. I know it can be anything and to be honest I'm use to getting news that isn't in my favor. I just am hopeful they will do the best job possible to fix me. I woke up this morning with gross hematuria in my urine again. Thank you for listening/ reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne