Doing nothing not an option

7 years 6 months ago #51868 by xox
Replied by xox on topic Doing nothing not an option
Thanks Jack, What's BCG?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #51866 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Doing nothing not an option
Your mileage may vary, but on the positive side -

You may have no bleeding from the procedure and just be a little sore for a few days.

You may have a benign growth and be done with it - for now.

You may have a superficial cancer that will need treatment. Bladder cancer is highly responsive to early treatment. In this case you and you urologist will get to know each other very well over the years, as bladder cancer frequently reoccurs - you will be on a regular schedule of checkups.

Until the pathology report from the biopsy is back it is all guessing what is happening in the bladder, and what treatment, if any is likely.

Concentrate on the good outcomes and the need to stay on top of the situation.

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #51864 by xox
Doing nothing not an option was created by xox
I am recently diagnosed with a small tumor on my bladder. The dr saw something on the Cystoscopy and both urologist recommend a biopsy. I've been in denial ,never even heard of this cancer be it benign or not . My Dr friend advices me to follow urologist recommendation and get the biopsy. I'm concerned about the recovery time after biopsy And surgery. However I know postponing is not an option as early treatment is the key to successful treatment. What should I expect post op? I hear I need to wrap wear a bag for a week to allow bladder to heal. I appreciate this forum and all the support!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne