Unknown Lesion...Terrified

7 years 8 months ago #51504 by Jopo
Replied by Jopo on topic Unknown Lesion...Terrified
I am 'new' to this whole thing too, but you have come to the right place. I have found so much comfort and guidance at this site.

It is frightening. I would be lying to say it isn't. I don't know enough medically to give you any information. Until you know for sure what you are dealing with, I hope you can step back, take a deep breath and educate yourself as much as you can. This site is a great place to read and gather info. ~ and to realize you are not alone.

I had my TURB July 2nd and received my pathology report July 14th (yesterday!!). The waiting is hard. Everyone is different ~ I went back to work and tried to stay busy. Mine was cancer. Caught early and low grade.

If it is cancer, I don't believe it will be a death sentence ... read the stories in this forum. Some are amazing. And so much knowledge to gain.

I am sorry you are having to go through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #51503 by purrrkat
Unknown Lesion...Terrified was created by purrrkat
Hello All,

After a few minor incidents of blood in my urine, I had several tests done including a CT scan, blood work and cytology. All of that came back negative.

However, today I had a cystoscopy, the final exploration into what might be causing the bleeding, and the doctor found a growth that he couldn't identify. He said it might be something benign, or it might (50/50 I believe is what he said) papillary cancer. I was absolutely not expecting this, and neither was he. I'm 50 years old, healthy, never smoked.

I'm scheduled for a TURP next Tuesday to remove the growth and have it sent off to pathology.

Needless to say, I am terrified, depressed, freaked out and utterly out of my mind. He also said it would take 2 weeks to get the pathology back, so this frightens me even more, all that waiting.

I'm not ready to die. I know that sounds silly. No one wants to die. But I'm in such a dark place right now.

I guess I'm just looking for some support. Words of encouragement....

Thanks for listening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne