Unknown Lesion...Terrified

7 years 8 months ago #51561 by jeffrx
Replied by jeffrx on topic Unknown Lesion...Terrified
Good luck. I hope it goes smoothly for you. Chances are your tumor will be removed and you will spend more time in your urologists office than you had ever planned, but you and the urologist will grow old together.

12/2015 - TURBT, non-invasive T1, mixed grade, 3 tumors
1/2016 - Begin BCG weekly for 6 weeks
The following user(s) said Thank You: purrrkat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #51553 by purrrkat
Replied by purrrkat on topic Unknown Lesion...Terrified
TURBT was actually postponed until later today, much to my angst and disappointment. So it has yet to occur.

I'll let ya know!

7 years 8 months ago #51552 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Unknown Lesion...Terrified
I'm going out on a limb here!
And I am going to predict that Your TURB went smoothly and the Dr. was very encouraging about your prognosis..... This is my fervent hope.

Please let us know if I am any good at looking into the future. After I retire (not gonna happen) I want to know if I can be in the "reading tea leaves" business.

Sending out good wishes

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

7 years 8 months ago #51548 by Jfoutz
Replied by Jfoutz on topic Unknown Lesion...Terrified
Thinking about you and wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow. Mine went well and I hope yours goes well also!

Janice

Hematuria 4/2016
TURBT 5/2016
BCGx6 7/2016
Reoccurrence & TURBT 2/2017
BCGx6 4/2017
BCGx3 7/2017
TURBT 10/2017
Gemcitabine X6 12/2017
Cytology negative 4/2018
Cytology negative 8/2018
The following user(s) said Thank You: purrrkat

7 years 8 months ago #51535 by purrrkat
Replied by purrrkat on topic Unknown Lesion...Terrified
Again, thank you for your encouragement! I spoke to the surgeon personally today and now feel a bit more relaxed. He said that my tumor is small (about 1 x 1 cm--which is probably why it wasn't visible on the CT scan) and looks pretty superficial. He also said that he's performed hundreds of these procedures and that my case is pretty simple--not a lot of room for complications. Of course he can't speak about grade, as that's entirely dependent on pathology.

Thanks again!

7 years 8 months ago #51534 by LillianG
Replied by LillianG on topic Unknown Lesion...Terrified
Purrcat, no - I did not have a cystoscpe or any cytology done during my initial diagnosis. I had a CT scan, and the tumor showed in the scan. I was then referred to a urologist, and he scheduled me for a TURBT, based solely on the CT scan.

I have had cytology done after each follow-up cystoscope. So far, I've been lucky and they've all come back Negative.

I'm sorry to read that your TURBT was postponed. I know that just adds to your stress, but hopefully it will be over by the time you read this reply. After the TURBT, you get to wait about a week or so for the pathology results, and then you'll know exactly what you're dealing with.

Please get some rest, no lifing more than 10 lb, and keep us posted.

Take Care,
LillianG :)

5/2015 4x2cm HG Ta Papillary TCC; 6 initial BCG followed by 3 sets of BCG maintenance. Ten scopes - all NED. Now at scope 1x year.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne