Dad diagnosed today

7 years 9 months ago #51476 by legno
Replied by legno on topic Dad diagnosed today
Niklas and Cynthia, thanks very much. I searched using the Treatment Center Finder, and Dana Farber and Mass General are the two hospitals listed in Massachusetts. They both look very strong in genitourinary cancer. Thanks again for your kind words and sharing your experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #51475 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Dad diagnosed today
As Nicke said the treatment finder will give you all the contact information. I had my treatment at MGH and I found it to be wonderful. I had the first half of my chemo at the old infusion center then they opened the Yawky Center and that put everything you need in one place. They have a designated bladder cancer program and do a team approach. Dana Farber also has a great reputation but I can not give you a personal opinion just hear say. Hope this helps.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: legno

7 years 9 months ago #51468 by Nicke
Replied by Nicke on topic Dad diagnosed today
Hi,
I am sorry about your dads condition but he is fortune to have you supporting him. If you look at the top of the page you will find "treatment center finder" under "Help". You are on the right track trying to find the very best available urologist and oncologist. As your dad have a very rare bladder cancer type together with the most common type, you should try to find a treatment centre with experience from that condition.

Niklas

12-12 Diagnosis
13-1 Turb TAG1
13-5 Turb Ta low grade, multiple
13-10 Turb TaG2, multiple
13-11 Mitomycin 8 weeks + 6 month
15-01 Turb
The following user(s) said Thank You: legno

7 years 9 months ago #51467 by legno
Dad diagnosed today was created by legno
Hello, glad to find this forum. My dad was just diagnosed today with invasive bladder cancer, combination small cell and transitional cell. As soon as I heard this scenario, I felt we should find the very best bladder cancer people in our area (Boston). I've been to both Mass General and Dana Farber with a friend (gallbladder cancer) in the past, both were very good, but don't know about bladder cancer in particular. Wondered if anyone here could help me find the best options in the Boston area. Thanks very much in advance for any thoughts.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne