Confirmed

7 years 9 months ago #51438 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Confirmed
Jopo,

For me the catheter discussion always boils down to:
If there is much bleeding at TURBT, you go home with a catheter in and come back tomorrow morning to have it removed. Then, if you can urinate normally, you get to go home without a new catheter.

I have "clogged up with clots" after a TURBT and being sent home with a catheter in, and had to make an emergency return to have the clots "pumped out" (not a lot of fun, but better than clogged). Finally, I understood why the darned catheter.

And, No, you are not (normally) supposed to remove it yourself. Look up FOLEY Catheter to see how it gets locked in place. You could damage something removing it.

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jopo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #51436 by Jopo
Confirmed was created by Jopo
After 9 months, I was finally referred to a urologist. I had my scope approx 2 weeks ago and I will have surgery this Saturday to have the cancer removed. I understand there will be one initial round of Chemo into the bladder and then we wait for the pathology report before moving forward.
During my 'pelvic' exam (before my scope) the Urologist found a vaginal lesion and I am being referred to an obgyn for further evaluation of this.
I was told I may go home with a catheter, is that something I will be able to remove myself or will I have to go back?
I really have no 'symptoms' other than blood/blood clots in my urine and extreme exhaustion. Emotionally it is a roller coaster ~ especially with quitting smoking, lol.
I know I have not posted in several months, but I read this forum often, thank you for being so positive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne