New here, waiting for urine results

7 years 10 months ago #51348 by jroza1
Replied by jroza1 on topic New here, waiting for urine results
The urine test is really to rule out infection not really to confirm cancer. In my case, which is my only experience - Urine came back clean (no blood even) and blood came back without conclusion, and I was healthy; nothing elevated and nothing out of order. The CT contrast found a small mass, the Cystoscopy confirmed the tumor, and the TURBT a few weeks later removed it.

I had a horrible association with cancer as most people in my family who had it died within a few weeks or months, so I was scared as hell when I learned I had cancer. My URO is awesome and through all of this I really have little fear or concern. There is some discomfort with BCG and scopes, I won't lie - but it's not chemo and it's not super destructive. Have faith that even if it is positive the road ahead won't really be all that different than the road behind. I have never had a Pap, being a man, but from watching 2 children being born - you got this if you've had 6.

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #51338 by Wichobel
Replied by Wichobel on topic New here, waiting for urine results
Experience taught me that we have to prepare for the worst. If you have fatigue with no explanation , if you are loosing weight you have to be very carefully. Other way you are passing some hormonal changes that may cause this symptoms. So go to your doctor maybe gynecologist first . Keep posting

Diagnosed 01/13/2015. T1G3
1rst turb
2nd turb 02 /2015
6 BCG
Now 15 BCG. NED. Waiting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Momof6

7 years 10 months ago #51336 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic New here, waiting for urine results
Christine. As to how long it takes to get the cytology on your urine back that depends on thel lab your doctor uses it can be a week or more for some but not as long for others. Keep in mind that there are at least 1000 things that can cause blood in the urine. Some are simple and some not and some times they never know what it is from. Take a big breath and relax until you know what you are dealing with. Speculation will give you no answers and will wear you down quickly. If you do have bladder cancer it sounds that likely it will be caught early and that is good news. If caught early and treated correctly bladder cancer has an excellent survival rate. If you need us we are here but I hope this ends up being a tempest in a tea cup for you.

Good luck

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: Momof6

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #51335 by Momof6
New here, waiting for urine results was created by Momof6
My name is Christine. I am 48 and mom to 6 kids. I have been having blood in my urine for awhile now and at first they found some stones. That was about 3 years ago. I now am having more blood in my urine and according to ultra sounds the stones are gone. My urologist called me yesterday asking me to bring another sample. He said that my last urine test done a few weeks ago should way more blood that he felt comfortable with. He wants to send it out to check for abnormal cancer cells.

I don't have a uti, I do t have a uterus any more, they claim I have no stones, and I very rarely have sex. I know no exception of you are docs, but is there a good chance it could be cancer?

Also how long does it take for results take to co.e in? I gave them a sample Friday. 6/10/16. Oh and let me add I do t think I have any other symtoms. I am fatigue all the time and my body just seems to hurt alot.

Thanks in advance.
Christine

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne