Cytology results

7 years 11 months ago #51020 by cefishe
Replied by cefishe on topic Cytology results
We are very excited , thank you. :) Im just scared that something is wrong and i dont want my daughter to have a sick mom or no mom. I know im jumping to worst conclusions but i cant help it. Im not sure if my results even are abnormal. Just sucks not being able to get answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #51019 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Cytology results
You must be very excited to be so close to a new baby! Congratulations!

I would expect that once the pregnancy is over and you are "recovered" that the urologist will do cystoscopy and or CT scan to see what is going on. As you have
read urine cytology is not 100% accurate and is used only with other testings.

Wishing you the very best

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

7 years 11 months ago #51018 by cefishe
Replied by cefishe on topic Cytology results
Sorry..."rare urothelial cell clusters"

7 years 11 months ago #51017 by cefishe
Cytology results was created by cefishe
I am a 27y female who has had on and off hematuria for years. It had been assumed this was due to stones even when none were found, as i had a stone at 19y. My hematuria is no longer microscopic and actually my pee was red recently. My urologist is scared to test me as i am 35weeks pregnant. She did however do a cytology test. I got results today and just confused because i shouldnt be bleeding like that and also i have read that cytology isnt all that accurate. Results were neg for malignancy, but rare cell clusters found. From just a voided sample. Is that normal sometimes? Should i still be alert/curious about testing after i give birth? Thanks for any info anyone can give....i know most are not doctors on here and also that every case is different. Thanks again.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne