My husband and BCG treatments , new to the forum

8 years 2 weeks ago #50968 by LunaYaremi
Replied by LunaYaremi on topic My husband and BCG treatments , new to the forum
Muy husband is in the hospital the pills he took didn't affect anything, he had a ct scan he's still not ok and he told me until yesterday he took them trying to harm himself ;( it's a lot a things had happened to him besides the bladder cancer and BCG treatments in a short period of time , that his depression is been to intense ;( he also has spoken with a psychiatrist and he's schedule to see her , I Just wanted to keep you updated and thank you again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago #50953 by LunaYaremi
Replied by LunaYaremi on topic My husband and BCG treatments , new to the forum
Thank you, I will call his Dr. , and let her know everything that He's going through......

8 years 2 weeks ago #50952 by Cynthia
Luna, I am sorry you and your family have to deal with this but welcome to our community.

I know all of this is very hard and knowing what to do about your husbands depression adds to it. But you have to take the lead in this. If your husband has already shown that he is depressed enough to do himself harm you have to get him help. PLEASE call his doctor NOW and tell them what is going on and ask for advise on how to get your husband appropriate help.
We can talk later about how survivable non invasive bladder cancer is. But right now you need to get him help. Please let us know how you are doing but please do not hesitate and seek help immediately.

We are here for you.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

8 years 2 weeks ago #50951 by LunaYaremi
My husband is 33 years old and was diagnosed With bladder cancer on December, he had the TURBT surgery on dec 18 and started his first weekly BCG treatments, # 3 right now, besides joint pain and fatigue he seems to be ok but I'm concerned because he's also getting depressed a lot, he did overdose on pills yesterday morning, because he said his anxiety was overwhelming, thank God he's ok from that but is really scary and I don't what to do to help him get through all this , any advice please ;(;(

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne