BCG .. the good bad and ugly

8 years 6 days ago #50876 by Razorbacktusk
Replied by Razorbacktusk on topic BCG .. the good bad and ugly
Thursdays are my treatments, and have thur and fri set as my week end, have made arrangements for sat off if needed.

Feb 1st 2016 TUR grade 2, removed were 2 tumors and many tiny nodes, the 2 large ones were 3.5cm
BCG maintenance in progress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 days ago #50874 by jroza1
Replied by jroza1 on topic BCG .. the good bad and ugly
were you able to work effectively? Or did you not work during treatment?

8 years 6 days ago #50873 by jeffrx
Replied by jeffrx on topic BCG .. the good bad and ugly
For me, the BCG side effects were not bad for the first three doses. Doses 4-6 were a different story. I got chills and needed to stay under a blanket all night. The day after was no picnic either. Best wishes and you will get through it.

12/2015 - TURBT, non-invasive T1, mixed grade, 3 tumors
1/2016 - Begin BCG weekly for 6 weeks
The following user(s) said Thank You: jroza1

8 years 1 week ago #50864 by jroza1
Replied by jroza1 on topic BCG .. the good bad and ugly
I start mine next week and they have me on the 18 month plan. I hope all goes well. I made sure to have my file noted that I want the lidocaine... and they can schedule a few extra minutes to let it take effect. I am starting to get anxious as my days approach.

Josh

8 years 1 week ago #50861 by Razorbacktusk
BCG .. the good bad and ugly was created by Razorbacktusk
decided to make my own thread so as to keep the line together for the BCGs

Got 1st BCG yesterday ... Doc talked to me asked me questions answered mine. very professional AND personable feel very relaxed and comfortable around him and trust his spelunking in my body lol.

told me we would do 6 BCG and wait 3 weeks for a camera inspection, and if he was not satisfied would do 6 more. .. said my tumers were VERY close to muscle wall and its imperative to get all traces of the cells.

His Nurse also has same professional AND personable attitide, feel very relaxed and comfortable around her, BCG was fast and painless, if i was to describe it for those who not had BCG yet... you lay flat on your back and half naked, and look at the ceiling and try to relax, talking to the nurse takes ya mind of whats going on, the Cath is small and she sterilize's your area and holds your Mr Jr and glides the cath into your bladder and a small vial of BCG is gravity fed into your bladder and then removes the cath, if i was to describe the cath insertion/removal it would have to be a tickle sensation sort of like the dentist pulling on a numbed tooth,

I then got up and checked out, drove home and shook the BCG around for 2 hours, went and wee wee and sprayed bleach around commode and dumped bleach in pot,

will see how the next 5 go.

Symptoms i will look for in the coming weeks according to Doc Marotte

Flu-like symptoms; fever, chills, malaise, fatigue, generalized aches and pains

www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-jeffrey-marotte-ynjy5

Feb 1st 2016 TUR grade 2, removed were 2 tumors and many tiny nodes, the 2 large ones were 3.5cm
BCG maintenance in progress
The following user(s) said Thank You: jroza1

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne