How much bleeding?

8 years 1 month ago #50862 by jroza1
Replied by jroza1 on topic How much bleeding?
Thank! About the same here- 2-3 days with clots blowing here and there. I am beginning to think that some of it was Azo. But there were a few times where I swear I lost a pint.

On to BCG, which souds like a joy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razorbacktusk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #50859 by Razorbacktusk
Replied by Razorbacktusk on topic How much bleeding?
after my Cath was removed i bled for 1-2 days and it cleared up

Feb 1st 2016 TUR grade 2, removed were 2 tumors and many tiny nodes, the 2 large ones were 3.5cm
BCG maintenance in progress
The following user(s) said Thank You: jroza1

8 years 1 month ago #50805 by jroza1
I was drinking way too much I think.. Just over 32 oz/hour between water and Ginger ale to keep sugar and electrolites. Most of the blood has subsided, but I've also not had Azo since 6pm last night - so normal colors have returned :-) Still a few clots here and there.

On the mend... I have also slowed the codine to 6-8 hours with only a tad bit of pain or cramping. Hoping today is better than yesterday

8 years 1 month ago #50803 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic How much bleeding?
Just want to ditto Diane's comment. More fluid intake I am sure is better. Drink when you are thirsty!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

8 years 1 month ago #50800 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic How much bleeding?
The amount of blood and debris following a TURB varies greatly from one person to another, and also depends on howmuch tissue has been removed by the surgeon. Quite possibly he was expecting a fair amount, hence the catheter, so you didn·t have a blockage from the clots. I am not a doctor, but I would not advise that you cut back on fluids, as the more you pee the more you are flushing the wound, helping to prevent possible infection, and the more dilute the urine the less irritant it is to an already sensitive bladder.It is fairly normal in many hospitals immediately after a TURB that you are hooked up to a bladder irrigation drip for those very reasons. I would try to speak with your urologist or his nurse if you are concerned and say what is happening and ask their advice on fluid intake.
Diane

8 years 1 month ago #50798 by jroza1
like yours, mine was small, but it was on the Trigone, so the doctor thought a catheter would be helpful for a few days. My guess is that all of the tissue and byproduct collected at the base of the foley...but the clots are visibly large and it looks like a crime scene every time (we are 8-10 voids so far) and I have begun to cut back on fluids thinking that the expanding of the bladder might be causing the bleeding and I am trying to go more often - specifically when I don't feel the urge. it seems to make a slight difference. I guess if its really bad tomorrow back to the URO I go.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne