and another noob to BCG

8 years 2 months ago #50671 by Razorbacktusk
and another noob to BCG was created by Razorbacktusk
I was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, TUR grade 2, removed were 2 tumers and many tiny nodes, the 2 large ones were 5x4x1.5 cm all were Non-invasive, meaning they were still on the interior wall, and had not made it to the muscle, its highly treatable but involves a lengthy and troublesome process called BCG Bacillus Calmette-Guerin therapy (BCG) is a type of immunotherapy that is useful for treating early-stage bladder cancer. BCG is a type of germ that is usually harmless. It is
given right into the bladder through a thin, flexible tube called a catheter. The body’s immune system cells are drawn to the bladder and attack the cancer. BCG is usually started a few weeks after a transurethral resection of the tumor and is given once a week for 6 weeks. Sometimes BCG is given long-term
I discovered i might have a problem 10-12 mons ago when started seeing red in my wee, 3 mon ago went to the doc and started down this road.
after extensive googling this type of cancer is highly treatable BUT also comes back without preventive measures and usually stays within the bladder, side effects can be interesting, and if not kept in chk could lose bladder, no bladder = no sex carry a bag forever.

Feb 1st 2016 TUR grade 2, removed were 2 tumors and many tiny nodes, the 2 large ones were 3.5cm
BCG maintenance in progress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne