Low grade non invasive bladder cancer

8 years 4 months ago #49986 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Low grade non invasive bladder cancer
Sarah,

Welcome to the forum. We are sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us!

What your doctor said == that since it started off superficial that it should not turn into invasive does sound true to me. BUT you must always be vigilant about going to have the check ups.

Doug's doctor told him to eat lots of cruciferous vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, brussell sprouts, cabbage. Our son gave Doug a supplement of green tea, so he takes that. Anything healthy can't hurt!

So sorry that your mom is in stage 4 renal failure. That is tough not to feel like you can share what is going on with you with your parents, but I can understand you not wanting to stress them out. I am glad that you have a supportive boyfriend.

As far as the cramping, have you tried AZO (over the counter) -- it is the same as pyridium, just not as strong. That may help your bladder relax. If you feel like you might have an infection, do go back to the doctor. Getting an infection after a TURB is not unheard of for sure. I notice AZO does have an over the counter test for bladder infections, but we have not used them before.

Hugs to you, Sweetie. Let us know how you are doing.
Anita (Doug's wife)

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #49985 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Low grade non invasive bladder cancer
Sarah,

First of all take a big breath. In this case low grade is the best news you can get. Yes it is possible that it may return but once low grade it will most often stay that way. Your job here on out will be to make sure that you make do all scheduled check ups.
As for Adderal I have not seen any connection to bladder cancer but of course check with your doctor. A healthy lifestyle and diet is your best bet. As for healing time after biopsy it can take some longer than others of course if it gets worse talk to your doctor especially if you think you have a UTI.
You are very young to be dealing with bladder cancer but low grade has to be looked at as something to keep an eye on such as any other health condition. Having said that and of course again talk to your doctor but you should be able to live a full life and that family you hope for.
We are here for you.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

8 years 4 months ago #49984 by Daviss0501
Low grade non invasive bladder cancer was created by Daviss0501
Hello,

I am 23 years old and was just diagnosed with low grade non invasive papillary urothelial carcinoma with a focal inverted growth pattern.

I am so confused and scared. My doctor said that since it started off superficial that it should not turn into invasive. Does that sound true to anyone? I've read that it can turn.... I don't know.

I am trying to be as proactive as anyone can be about cancer, I'm looking up diets and supplements that are known to help. I've got turmeric and lemon so far being extremely benificial. Anyone have any suggestions?

I do have a question about adderall. I took it a couple years ago for about 6 months and then I lost my insurance. I was just recently put back on it then a few weeks went by and I was having symptoms. So now here I am diagnosed with bladder cancer. Do you think the adderall had anything to do with the cancer? Should I stop taking it?

Also I am having pain and cramping from the TURBT procedure still. It's was 2 weeks ago today and I still feel pain from where it was removed. The doctor said I should be almost completely healed by now. Do you think there is something going on? An infection or something?

All I know is that I'm scared and I am still not sure how to feel. I don't really have anyone to talk to because I am not telling my parents. Currently my mom is in stage 4 renal failure and I know that this will do nothing but stress her out. I don't want to stress anyone out. My boyfriend knows and he is more than supportive. But he didn't sign up for this. No he has never said anything like that, but I am the one thinking it. I am 23 and was thinking about marriage and having children... Not having to worry about cancer. I am not trying to say 'why me' cause I know there are so many people out there that have it much worse.

If anyone can give me some advise I would be so greatful.

Thank you
Sarah

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne