Just Received the basic news

8 years 5 months ago #49702 by Henriz
Replied by Henriz on topic Just Received the basic news
Thanks George and Cynthia -- I'm glad to stay with this group. You are all so supportative and I know you will be able to guide me through my emotions and ups and downs. I am in a much better frame of mind today. Monday was the crushing blow that had be on the brink. But after it has had time to sink in...I know they do not even know what "kind" of cancer it is ... much less a Stage or prognosis. We have to get there first before I can make an informed decision. I know I am at the best cancer center in the nation and I have complete faith in their ability to handle this matter in the best way possible.

I will keep you all posted on any developments. My next appointment is not until Oct. 30, but I feel I will hear something from them before then .. particularly with regard to the pathology report from my TURB surgery last Friday.

Thanks for being here everyone.

Henri
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #49698 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Just Received the basic news
Henri of course you are one of the girls just like George you have been from the first. "It is pick on George day" I hate this thing about the different cancers. Cancer is cancer, human emotion is universal. We have this website as a matter of practicality there are differences between all cancers as far as treatment and issues. We are all brothers and sisters and trying to navigate as best we can on this journey. Never let me hear you say you are not part of this group again or I will put you in the corner too. And pulling the cancer card around here it doesn't work.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz

8 years 5 months ago #49694 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Just Received the basic news
Henri
You are most definately still in our group. Now even more so!
You can keep leaning on us as much as you want.

We can still be a sounding board and a help to you.
There are others here who have had the same bad news and found a way through it.
Here's to hoping you are one of them.

Sincerely
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

8 years 5 months ago #49693 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Just Received the basic news
Henri, your story is a classic on why patients need to be seen at a place the has the expertise they need!!! Who knows how many patients are mis-diagnosed and then never get a chance.

Doctors aren't perfect...you and I are, of course, but doctors? Not so much :laugh: It is so important to start with a correct diagnosis, and then progress to an appropriate treatment plan!!

Sara Anne
I

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz, dani

8 years 5 months ago #49692 by Henriz
Replied by Henriz on topic Just Received the basic news
Thank you GKLine
Your words do comfort me.

I do have my husband who will be with me and he is the love of my life and is very supportative. But it is his first time dealing with cancer too, so we are both flying blind in the matter. I don't want to worry him any more than he is already worried, and we do talk about it, but it's not the same as talking to someone who has been there and dealt with it on a more personal basis.

Thank you guys for being here for me even though it appears I am not "in your group" any longer.

I must say thought that I did have the TURB surgery last Friday by Dr. Shaw. I had no pain afterwards and everything went great as far as the bladder. I was so impressed with M.D.Anderson. I checked in at 6:45 a.m., met with the doctors, had tests all day long and went into surgery at 3:30 p.m. Everyone there is great. It is the most efficient hospital I have ever seen. I am glad I chose to go there. I just wish we had known before I went that I needed to meet with the gynecological group instead of the bladder group. But the urologist here gave me the wrong diagnosis, apparently. But I will be in good hands once I go back and hopefully there will be some better news from them then.

Thank you all again.
Henri
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

8 years 5 months ago #49684 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Just Received the basic news
Henri
I am so sorry to read your posts and I wish I had the words to comfort you..... but there are no words coming to me, except "I'm praying for you"

That being said, we still haven't heard from the Dr. and their plan of attack. I certainly hope they have a plan and implement it on the double.
I know this is not good news by any means, but these top flight cancer centers have so many tools at their disposal, they will have a plan for you.

I cannot help worrying for you and wish you had a support team right there with you to lean on. You deserve it.

Sincerely
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne