Just Received the basic news

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #49751 by Wichobel
Replied by Wichobel on topic Just Received the basic news
Dear Henri, I am so sorry for those news, I am 50 years old and I spent 2 years with an incorrect diagnostic. I. Have bladder cancer 3 tumors G 3. In the first day of my diagnostic I called a friend of mine who had lost a son. I think the worst pain ever. She listened to me and told me that don't let your fear enjoy your life! It became my goal . Any cancer will change our lifes forever. Nothing is going to be the same. We have to live. Needless to say that I am with you.

Diagnosed 01/13/2015. T1G3
1rst turb
2nd turb 02 /2015
6 BCG
Now 15 BCG. NED. Waiting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #49750 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Just Received the basic news
Henri , I just wanted to let you know this week as you go thru your apps. you will be on my mind and in my prayers . I am a house painter and as I paint it leaves my mind free to think of what I want . It makes all the difference in the world with cancer to be in the right place and having the right Drs. and you most certainly have picked well.
You might want to have a notebook to write questions in as you think of them. You can also take notes on what they say . It is hard to just remember it all when your at your apps. Good luck, Rocky

8 years 5 months ago #49715 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Just Received the basic news
Henri, we are all with you. I am glad you are able to verify MD Anderson's expertise!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

8 years 5 months ago #49707 by Henriz
Replied by Henriz on topic Just Received the basic news
Thank you all for keeping me in the group. <smile> I never felt you were kicking me out.

Just got a call from MDAnderson. I have appointments scheduled all day on the 29th for mammogram testing since they did see a nodule on my breast. They are certainly efficient. I'm sure I'll hear more before the 30th when I have my doctor's appointment in the gynecological unit.

Thanks for being here. I must say I am in much better spirits today. It just took a couple of days to get over the shock.

I'll keep you updated.

Henri

8 years 5 months ago #49705 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Just Received the basic news
Hey George, First I've heard of a group "ejection ceremony." :ohmy: And here I thought that with bladder cancer you are never "free" because of bladder cancer having the highest recurrence rate of all cancers. I've had no recurrence since 2008, but am happy to still be a member of our little band here, albeit I haven't been on much for quite a while. And, I'm blessed to have had such a relatively mild experience compared to others here.

And Henri, I can only echo what others have said. We may not have experienced the same kind of situation you are in in terms of the type and location of the cancer, but we are here any time you want to "talk." I do know that there are people on this board who have had also had other kinds of cancer besides bladder, and they are still here to tell the tale.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

8 years 5 months ago #49703 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Just Received the basic news
Pick on George Day!
Finally I get an official day!!!!!
And I am damn proud to call it my own.

Henri
I am sorry if I made you feel outside the group. Once you are formally "IN" the club, you are always IN. No matter what..... you are in for good.

We do however have a wonderful ejection ceremony for "discharge" from this group.
And that comes with being cANCER FREE!!!
(I don"t dignify cancer with a capital letter)

So Whatever you are going through..... we will go thru it with you.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne