Just Received the basic news

8 years 4 months ago #49945 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Just Received the basic news
God Bless you Henri.
And my best wishes for you

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #49933 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Just Received the basic news
Hi Henri... I'm so sorry you are going through this, but you are handling it with grace and courage. I understand the tears... there's something about us women and our hair. But as you found out, it's only hair in the big scheme of things and it will grow back after your chemo. Plus you look so adorable in hats! Happy shopping!

Thanks for stopping by. Warmest hugs to you...

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz, dani

8 years 4 months ago #49930 by Henriz
Replied by Henriz on topic Just Received the basic news
Day 14 after chemo...my hair started falling out, just as I was told it would do. It was a traumatic, but after some tears, I got myself together and went to the barber and got the "chemo cut" so that I would not have to deal with it coming out in hands full. It is so much better now. My head had been so sore for two days prior to the hair starting to fall out. Now, it feels fine.

I am now looking forward to shopping for more turbans, hats and wigs. I may be a different color every day.

I was fortunate that I did have one good wig that I had purchased several years ago while on a cruise. It actually fits better now since I don't have all that hair under it. Ha Ha

Hope everyone here is doing well. Thanks for being here.

Love you guys.
Henri
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

8 years 4 months ago #49912 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Just Received the basic news
Hello Henri
Just stopped to see how you were doing, and saw that you updated your post.
I hear you on the incontinence thing. And I can relate because I still have it seven years out. But, I am alive! So I make light of it even though it is embarassing.
I can feel the change in your attitude and that is a very very good thing. I believe that half of recovery is all part of a positive attitude.
Even though you haven't found another group that has your exact type of cancer for support, you are welcome here and we know that cancer is cancer so we can relate.

Just wanted to let you know we were thinking about you.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

8 years 4 months ago #49908 by Henriz
Replied by Henriz on topic Just Received the basic news
Thank you, Catherine. It is good to hear from you today.

An update. I met with the Gynocologist Oncologist in Ft. Worth today who will be administering my chemo and be my local doctor through this journey. I really do like her. She is with the Texas Oncology Group. She really seemed to relate to my problems better than the doctor at MDA ... or rather, I was probably in a better state of mind to "hear" what she was saying. <smile>

She said that it appears there is a "fissure" between my bladder and my vagina where the incontinence is coming from and later I may have to have a new bladder created...So maybe I am really in the right spot after all. I know I have lots of questions about that...don't know what they are though.

She said that her thought was that the chemo was working and that the cancer had been reduced and that is what caused the fissure. So, good news and bad news. But I do want the chemo to work, so I am taking it as good news.

I do know that my mental attitude is a lot better than it was last week and I feel at ease and I just know in my heart of hearts that this is all going to be okay.

Thanks for stopping by. It brightened my day.

Henri
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

8 years 4 months ago #49906 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Just Received the basic news
Hi Henri... Just wanted to say hello and let you know you are in my thoughts daily. I hope you are having a better day today...

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne