Just Received the basic news

7 years 5 months ago #52072 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Just Received the basic news
Henri... Your news has made my day, and my year! That is so wonderful and I am so thrilled to read your post. You are a shining example of having faith, being courageous, and fighting a very tough fight to victory.

Congratulations!!! Best wishes for a great outcome from your upcoming surgery. Please let us know how things go and we will be hoping for more happy news from you.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz, dani

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #52071 by Henriz
Replied by Henriz on topic Just Received the basic news
The miracle I asked for has been granted. On August 15, I received the news that I am cancer free!!! I am so blessed. The doctors at MDAnderson were shocked that I had gone into total remission.

I have now been seeking a doctor for bladder repair/reconstruction after waiting the requisite time after being on the Avastin. I have one more appointment next week with my Fort Worth Oncologist to confirm the findings of MDAnderson. I guess I want to make sure everything is gone. My FW Oncologist was shocked also. So, if she confirms the No Cancer next week, I am scheduled for bladder reconstruction surgery to repair the fistula on October 19. I am very pleased with my doctor in Longview, Texas and am hoping for a successful outcome. I will keep you posted.

Send me your prayers. Just wanted to stop in and let every one know that my cancer treatments were successful. God has been good to me.

Henri
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani

7 years 9 months ago #51412 by Henriz
Thank you so much, Lillian. This group is awesome. I know that I will still have some bladder problems to deal with in the future. I'm just trying to get past the current problems. I am now dealing with a Nephrologist which I think is going to be a big help. I didn't know until last week that I have Chronic Kidney Disease. These doctors don't talk to each other and only tell you what they are dealing with. I believe the Nephrologist is going to be my "quarterback" and pull everything together.

7 years 9 months ago #51406 by LillianG
Replied by LillianG on topic Just Received the basic news
Henri, I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well and are happy with your doctors. I hope that you can relax and enjoy your 6-week break.

You've been through a lot, and you've managed to remain so cheerful and upbeat; I can't help but admire your strength.

Please pop in from time to time and keep us posted.

Take care of you,
LilyG

5/2015 4x2cm HG Ta Papillary TCC; 6 initial BCG followed by 3 sets of BCG maintenance. Ten scopes - all NED. Now at scope 1x year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz

7 years 9 months ago #51376 by Henriz
Thank you, Lillian. I am doing good I am "Stable". I think that is the best I can hope for and I feel good. I am still in "maintenance" chemo every three weeks with Avastin. After two more treatments, I will most likely take a 6 week break and see how I do. Then I may continue the break or go back on the maintenance Avastin. Whatever my doctor at MD Anderson advises. I have some very good doctors.

It's always good to catch up on everyone.

Henri

7 years 9 months ago #51373 by LillianG
Replied by LillianG on topic Just Received the basic news
Henriz, it's great to see you posting again. I think of you often, and hope that you are feeling better.

Please stop by and let us know how you are doing.

Take care,
LillianG

5/2015 4x2cm HG Ta Papillary TCC; 6 initial BCG followed by 3 sets of BCG maintenance. Ten scopes - all NED. Now at scope 1x year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Henriz

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne