× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

I'm worried and been diagnosed to have BT

5 years 3 months ago #49372 by DougG
You do not need a urine cytology at this point since the urologist is doing the TURBT and will test the tumor. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this as you are so young. You were very smart to get to a urologist quickly. You are doing everything right. Best wishes. Please let us know how your surgery goes and the results.

Forum Moderator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #49356 by OldEngineer
William - very sorry to hear of your tumor; you are going through exactly what happened to me six weeks ago - blood in urine, CT scan revealed mass, then TURBT exactly four weeks ago. And no appetite owing to the apprehension. My only recommendation to you is NOT to wait four weeks for the TURBT. When my urologist told me about the CT scan results, he said he wanted to operate on me the following week but could not owing to other surgeries - would have to wait two weeks. I went to see a second urologist and he said he could do it in two days - so, after some due diligence on him (younger but very good, excellent med school and reputation), I went with him. Thus only one week elapsed between CT scan diagnosis and the TURBT, and even during that week I worried about the cancer spreading (which it did not). So I would encourage you to see if there is any way to get it done sooner - for your own peace of mind if nothing else. Needless to say - best of luck to you - hope everything comes out well!!

T1 high grade transcell diagnosed 8/14/2015
TURBT 8/21/2015, removed tumor (17mmX14mmX11mm)
Repeat TURBT performed 9/25/2015
Pathology Report: no residual cancer detected
BCG planned starting in October

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #49328 by william
i'm 26 years old and I've just been diagnosed to have bladder tumor 2days ago, the doc told me the size of the tumor was roughly 2-3cm and they said based on the appearance it might be a cancerous tumor but they are not sure of it until they have done the turbt and send it to the lab which is in 4 weeks time, due to this i couldn't sleep or eat properly.. i'm worried that it might be a cancerous tumor and the stage of the cancer.
Should i go for the urine cytology or just wait until the turbt and the biopsy result.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne


Total Online: 0 Users and 100 Guests 


Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: lizscotty
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 6
Total Posts: 54600 Total Subjects: 7174 Total Users: 6814