Introductions

8 years 6 months ago #49230 by RDnKY
Replied by RDnKY on topic Introductions
Hi,

I just wrote a nice long reply but accidentally deleted it when trying to correct a type-o.

The short version is that I think I understand some of what you are going through. My husband's cancer recently returned after several years of good health. So, we are now trying to figure out whether and how to tell people. We did share with close family and had the most awful response from one person, but everyone else has been wonderful. But, it is really awkward for them too because they feel so helpless.

I know that the wonderful people here who are further along in their experience will have good words of wisdom for you. In the meantime, know that you are not alone.

Hugs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #49229 by iwanara
Introductions was created by iwanara
Hello everyone. I'm glad a forum like this exists. I just got the call hours ago about my initial diagnosis based on a CT scan. Not much information yet, but not looking good. Invasive and likely lymph node involvement. I'm a 52 year old mom and wife, and my initial thought is to keep this as quiet as possible. I really don't want this to change everyone else's life around me. I don't want that to be what people see/think about when they talk to me (until/unless that can't be avoided any more). My thinking is to be keep this within a very small group of people for now - my husband, and a cousin and two physician friends who can help me get headed in the right direction for treatment. I'm in Dallas, so my guess is I'll be heading to MD Anderson in Houston. Anyone have any thoughts on whether/when/how to share this news?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne