Agent Orange/Agent Blue association w Bladder CA

8 years 2 months ago #50504 by sturdy18
I just joined here. Is your information on Agent Blue connection posted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #49172 by jimswife
Anna, where was your dad stationed in Vietnam? We have collected quite a bit of information regarding specifically Agent Blue and it's impact on BC likelihood. Agent Blue had a high (50-100%) arsenic content which we know to be bc causative. With that in mind, BC is not an AO (all the 15 herbicides come under the umbrella heading of AO) presumptive disease. I do have the links but am unable to copy and paste them into this forum. So, I can't share them with you at this time. I will send them to the administrator to see if they are willing to post them somewhere. With all this in mind, I can tell you that just yesterday with all the evidence that was submitted with my own husbands claim VA denied it. So, it appears that an appeal is in our future.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this as BC is a challenging disease and to have along with it the stress involved with other co morbidities makes it all the more difficult. Wishing you the very best in this journey.

8 years 7 months ago #49167 by caretothepeople
Replied by caretothepeople on topic Agent Orange/Agent Blue association w Bladder CA
Take a look at this information from the American Urological Association, the section titled "Treatment Alternatives" about three-quarters of the way down: www.auanet.org/education/guidelines/bladder-cancer.cfm

Also, this is a great guide to asking about treatment options with a doctor that has specific questions which might be useful in exploring alternatives to cystectomy: www.cancer.org/cancer/bladdercancer/detailedguide/bladder-cancer-talking-with-doctor

8 years 7 months ago #49164 by Gatewood
New to this forum. Looking to try to obtain information for my father who was recently diagnosed with T1 micropapillary bladder CA. Due to his significant comorbidities (severe COPD requiring oxygen 24/7, Afib, Insulin-dependent diabetes) he is not a candidate for cystectomy. Repeat TURPT planned for this week to reassess the area and then considering BCG x 6. Hoping someone might have experience with a better or more aggressive treatment plan. Also looking for data to connect this bladder CA to his exposure to Agent Orange, Agent SuperOrange and Agent Blue from his time serving in Vietnam from 1966-1968. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance!!

Anna

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne