Embedded Kidney Stone

8 years 9 months ago #48951 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Embedded Kidney Stone
Wow!
This is a new one on me! I haven't heard of this before, but anything is possible and I felt you needed a reply to welcome you here.

Best of luck and keep us in the information loop.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #48947 by purplemoon
Embedded Kidney Stone was created by purplemoon
Has anyone experienced a kidney stone embedded in their bladder which revealed cancerous tissue underneath?

I had a real scare last week. After seeing blood in my urine and painful urination, I visited my Nephrologist. The urine culture did not show an infection. I was then sent for an ultrasound. My doctor said the results showed an inflamed right kidney and a growth in the bladder. I was scheduled for a cystoscopy today. It was a very worrisome weekend. Today the urologist discovered the growth was a kidney stone embedded in my bladder right beneath the area where the urine drains from my right kidney. I am somewhat relieved but the Urologist said most often there is cancerous tissue under the stone. This tissue causes a stone to get stuck and grow. I am scheduled for a CAT scan tomorrow. The urologist said this will give us more information. I think I will need a procedure to remove the kidney stone and a tissue sample will be taken and if there is obvious cancer growth, it will be removed.

Thanks for this support group. I have learned a lot in the past couple of days. Hopefully I will ask the right questions tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne