2nd time around with this Bladder Cancer

8 years 11 months ago #48631 by gbkane
Replied by gbkane on topic 2nd time around with this Bladder Cancer
Well, I called the Doctors Office yesterday and they ordered a Urine Analysis. THat came back with blood in the urine and some other level that should be between 0-25 bi=ut was between 25 and 100 so they put me on Antibiotics at least until they get the last part of that test back which should be tomorrow. They feel that I definately have a Urinary infection. That will get back to me on Thursday. And now they are telling me that I should be taking all six BCG treatments but not to take the six until we clear this up.

Just having fun!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NibelungenB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #48615 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic 2nd time around with this Bladder Cancer
Sounds awfully familiar to me, Greg. Be sure you keep drinking fluids to keep hydrated. If it doesn't let up by tomorrow, it wouldn't hurt to check in with the doc.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: gbkane

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #48614 by gbkane
This is my 2nd time around with this Bladder Cancer and I am having trouble with Diarhia which started roughly 48hrs after my 5th BCG treatment, My morning bowel movement has been fairly normal but the rest of the day about every 4 hrs I have a case of the Diahria. Just wondering if this is one of the many side effects of the BCG or should I be contacting my doctor on Monday?
My normal symptoms are the painful and burning urination for the first 2 hours after the treatments and along with small bowel movements almost every time I have to urinate those first 2 hours then the rest of the day it comes and goes but it is almost never diarhia. I did have this same thing last week after my 4th treatment but that only seemed to last a day or so.

Thank You for listening

Greg

1st diagnosed 12/2011
2nd diagnosed 1/2015

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne