Mom

9 years 2 weeks ago #48423 by Confused
Replied by Confused on topic Mom
We really appreciate your prayers. God bless you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #48422 by las
Replied by las on topic Mom
Wow, your mom must be a strong women. All I can say is just be there for her when she needs you and love her a lot. I cannot imagine what you are feeling but I will pray for you, your sis and mom.

9 years 2 weeks ago #48421 by Confused
Replied by Confused on topic Mom
Thank you so much for the clarification and encouragement. I really appreciate that.

9 years 2 weeks ago #48420 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Mom
If the urologist recently removed the scar tissue from the earlier biopsy site, it is not surprising that it did not contain cancerous cells, since these were removed earlier. Sometimes a biopsy site "scabs over" and can cause bleeding and pain and the urologist removes the scar tissue to alleviate this.

I am afraid that this does not change the original diagnosis, which was made on the tissue that was previously removed.

It is unfortunate that your mother will not allow you and your siblings to be an active part of her journey. It is so helpful to have someone there to listen and to ask questions also. Right now all you can do is be there for her when she allows it. And if it helps her to believe that the cancer is cured, under the conditions, it might not hurt for a while.

My heart goes out to you and your sisters.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 2 weeks ago #48419 by Confused
Mom was created by Confused
My mom (86 year old) was diagnosed four months ago with invasive bladder wall cancer, located on the bottom part of her bladder. CT (four months ago) was negative. Unfortunately, she has not allowed my sisters and I to be very involved or informed on her condition/prognosis/Doctor appts, etc. She has seen two Urologists and an Oncologist. Both Urologists and the Oncologist feel she is not a candidate for any surgery or chemo/radiation due to her age/frailty, high blood pressure/low weight (100#). The second Urologist recently re-scoped her bladder and removed the earlier biopsy site and scar tissue. He recently told my sisters and I that she, most likely has between six - twelve months of life expectancy. However, he saw my mom yesterday and told her the recent biopsy showed no signs of cancer. She now feels she is cured. I'm very confused and would appreciate any suggestions or input anyone could offer.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne