Not Diagnosed yet, blood in urine

9 years 2 months ago #48212 by FLAllison
Replied by FLAllison on topic Not Diagnosed yet, blood in urine
Well, you were right, it was no big deal. (though as a newbie we tend to be nervous about the unknown). Within 30 seconds he said "I know why you are bleeding". UH Oh. Yes , I have a quarter sized tumor in my bladder so I officially can belong to this club. I believe he said cauliflower-like which, if I have read this forum correctly is a very treatable type. He did not even do a biopsy because he said I would need surgery to get it removed. Ready for my ride on the BC Train.

52 year old Female. Marginal Zone Lymphoma (Found during routine pathology after thyroidectomy) 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #48208 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic Not Diagnosed yet, blood in urine
Hi Allison, I am also surviving a lymphoma. Just finished treatment for the third relapse. Got complete response. The cystoscope was fun. I could see my tumor on the screen. Did not have any discomfort. Got my first turb done this Thur. Now there is some pain and discomfort after the surgery, but it's manageable. The catheter with a bag that i carry with me in my hand is annoying. It will be gone tomorrow. Hang in there.

9 years 2 months ago #48207 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Not Diagnosed yet, blood in urine
If you are indeed having cystoscopy tomorrow, and not another procedure, you will be glad to know that hardly ever is an anesthetic used. They have a very small tube which is inserted into the bladder and you will hardly feel a thing. Those of us with bladder cancer experience usually have several of these during the diagnostic time, then four a year for two years, two a year for the next three years, and now one every year. It is no big deal.

Wishing you the very best of luck

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 2 months ago #48206 by FLAllison
Not Diagnosed yet, blood in urine was created by FLAllison
Hello all! I do not want to be here but on Christmas morning I was gifted with blood in my urine. Could not see a urologist until the 21st. My blood is intermittent. I had a CT scan on Wednesday the 28th and they gave me the cd to give to my Urologist who is doing a Cystoscopy tomorrow morning. I wish I was a radiologist because I have been studying my CT scan since Wed! LOL. I am nervous about the cystoscopy without anesthesia. I am a 52 year old female. I have been researching and found this group so I could educate myself. I am a 10 year Lymphoma survivor. (marginal zone in my thyroid in 2004). Thanks for listening!

52 year old Female. Marginal Zone Lymphoma (Found during routine pathology after thyroidectomy) 2004

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne