had my first turbt

9 years 1 month ago #48196 by fighterm
Replied by fighterm on topic had my first turbt
I was trying to cook a soup in the afternoon. It did not go well. Started having spasms in my bladder and some blood appeared. So my husband finished cooking and I spent the rest of the day in bed. When I am in bed iI feel no pain, no spasms and my urine is very normal. Should I be in bed until the cath is out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #48193 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic had my first turbt
You have had a similar experience to mine. Two quick notes. I was warned that I would probably pass old blood in the form a clot from the area(s) biopsied after 10-14 days. I did, if I wasn't warned I would have freaked out. Also, a second TURB is often done to make sure good margins are found. You are on your way to beating this!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

9 years 1 month ago #48187 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic had my first turbt
Congrats on your first TURB!! No, there is nothing wrong with the way you are feeling or having no bleeding. I had no problems after either of my TURBs....no
catheter either. Just woke up, went home, and nervously waited for the results!

Will be thinking really good thoughts for your path report

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 1 month ago #48185 by fighterm
had my first turbt was created by fighterm
The procedure was very quick. I woke up after 30 min from when I went to sleep, my urine was clear, no blood. Today is the third day after the turb, urine has been clear all the time. Is it good or bad? Maybe they did not go deep enough? I have the catheter till Monday. When I move I have the urgency to pee sometimes, a very strong urgency, that feels painful. I guess, its normal. The pathology will be known on Feb 18.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne