Life after surgery?

9 years 6 months ago #47156 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Life after surgery?
Oh yes! There is life after Surgery! It will be what you make of it!
I had my bladder removed 6 years ago. Went through recovery. Followed Dr orders. Walked a lot. Went back to work. Went skiing, played golf, started racing sports cars(a lifelong dream) and continue these activities today.
My golf game has NOT improved at all. But I did win 9 races this year and I intend to do it again next year.

I'm 59 years old and I survived cancer, and I'm here to tell you that life does not end with your surgery. It will be what you make it and we are her to help you make it good.

Seems as though you needed a positive message.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #47146 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Life after surgery?
Welcome to our forum but I am sorry you had to join us. I had a Radical Cystectomy in 2006 and then had a kidney removed two years later, I was 49 at the time. It has did not slow me down and I was able to do the things I could before after I healed. Everyone is a little different but most of us adjust with time. My best advise is to get up and walk as much as you can as soon as they allow it after surgery it seems to be the one thing we all agree on that speed up our recovery.

If you have any questions we are here.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

9 years 6 months ago #47144 by kokoracer
Life after surgery? was created by kokoracer
Have surgery for stage 1 on Nov 3rd. ow They are removing a dead kidney, tube and tumor which blocked it. According to the VA drs, prognosis is good for a full recovery.

My question is how will this affect my life afterwards? I am 60, have a job, a business and a family. I have lead and want to continue to lead a full and active life.

How will this limit me in the future?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne