4th BCG treatment

9 years 7 months ago #46909 by carol58
Replied by carol58 on topic 4th BCG treatment
Thank You Ann! I am definitely going to try this tomorrow! I am having some terrible anxiety about this 5th one tomorrow. I just keep hoping and praying it is not any worse than the 4th. I did not feel well for 4 days either this past go round. I believe the treatment plan is to have another cystoscope 4 weeks after the 6th treatment and the another round of it!! Yikes!! But at least it will be a break for awhile. Trying to stay positive and get through it all.

Thank you for sharing Ann! Always appreciate new information. So nice to see so many posts from people who have been clear after this.

Carol58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #46892 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic 4th BCG treatment
Hope by now you've had treatment #5. I do think that for some people that first bunch of 6 treatments is the worst because your poor bladder doesn't get a break. Are you doing the protocol where you go back at 3 month intervals and get maintenance treatments for 3-week stretches? That can be a lot easier. As others have said, drink lots of water, starting about 1/2 hour before the time is up for holding in the BCG. That dilutes it and also gets it out of your system faster. Best of luck!

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carol58

9 years 7 months ago #46874 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic 4th BCG treatment
Carol,

Depending on the severity of symptoms, many have found 1/3, 1/4, 1/10 dosage is sometimes done for relief without losing efficacy. Just a thought.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

9 years 7 months ago #46872 by carol58
Thank You Alan!! I appreciate your kind words and support!! Although this part isn't easy I have to agree with you there. I remember the chemo after I had my first Turb. It was a heck of a lot worse I do believe! I was so sick and didn't know anything. Thank God this website is here. I have learned so much from every post. I can't wait to be done!! So now to recover until Thursday (5th) treatment. I love the way that sounds!! Have a great weekend!!

Carol 58

9 years 7 months ago #46871 by carol58
Thank you George!! I appreciate your kind words and support!! This has been the worse yet!! I keep telling myself that I need to recover and conquer the monster!! So until next Thursday (5th treatment) I can't wait!! Have a great weekend!!

Carol

9 years 7 months ago #46864 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic 4th BCG treatment
That is good news for the down hill slide! I often had to myself this is so much better than Chemo.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne