4 cm mass or tumor

9 years 8 months ago #46852 by motorcity15
Replied by motorcity15 on topic 4 cm mass or tumor
thank you very much for your help

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #46844 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic 4 cm mass or tumor
Hi Alan and welcome. Here·s hoping yours is a turtle. Mine was a 3.5cm squirrel and I am still here ( with my bladder) 8 years along the line.Will be keeping fingers crossed for you on the 17th and hoping your diagnosis is ok.
Diane
The following user(s) said Thank You: motorcity15

9 years 8 months ago #46836 by motorcity15
George

Ur so right am a fighter and i know i will come out on top.

I want to thank you for your words of wisdom it helped me to keep this in proper perspective

Thank you

Alan from the Motorcity

9 years 8 months ago #46831 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic 4 cm mass or tumor
Alan
I am happy to reply that I went thru a mental and Physical Hell and came out the other side quite well. Thats the short story.

I was happily going thru my annual Physical in 2008 and they spotted some blood in my test for diabeties. Next day blood tests, and an ultrasound.
Next day a call from my Dr and an appointment with a urologist/oncologist who promptly said "So, you have cancer (Sledgehammer to the head)
Scheduled a TURB for the next week. Positive for bc.
Second TURB 3 weeks later. Still showed signs of bc.
Scheduled a Radical Cystectomy for 3 weeks later(remove bladder.... make a new one form my small intestine)
Became the "Model Patient" A position I still hold(even if it is in my own mind)

Today, .... Six Years later, I am the Luckiest man in the world.
My wife and I have been married 35 years and bc made us a rock solid team against every attack. We BOTH chose to fight bc with both barrels.
Yes,bc cannot be trifled with and has a nasty way of coming back, but it also can be controlled.

My Dr gave me this unusual advice. There are 3 types of cancer.
The turtle; slow to develop and give you options with time
The squirrel; fast moving but still controlable
The bird (bladder cancer) If it gets outside the bladder..... It quickly moves to other parts of the body and is VERY hard to stop. That is why we recommend quick action and aggressive treatment.

Yes there is life after bc. I still think about it. But I don't let it rule my life. Most people have no idea that I am a survivor. I went to a cancer walkathon and when I said I was a cancer survivor, they looked at me as if I was joking. The nice lady said I didn't act like a survivor. I still ski,race sports cars, golf, run a business that continues to grow, and have an active social life.
Sure we will have some setbacks. But again that "team approach" will help you through..... Hell, I don't need to tell you this! You are From Detroit! Over the last 25 years you have seen setbacks. And you keep "coming back"
You need a team plan and a willingness to keep your eyes UP. The goal is to survive with your personality intact. To come out the other side with the willingness to "get on " with life.

The BEST of luck!
and
Call here anytime!
We'll keep the lite on for ya!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

9 years 8 months ago #46824 by motorcity15
George,

Thank you for your reply. My question is since yours was aggressive what treatment did they put u on and how are u doing now.

Thank you

Alan

9 years 8 months ago #46820 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic 4 cm mass or tumor
A shout out to Detroit!

I know you must be "concerned" about this tumor. We all know the feeling of hearing such news.
In Bladder cancer, "Size does not really matter" I'll bet you never heard that before! There are other factors and they can only be determined by a bladder resection or TURB. The Dr goes in and removes the tumor and sends it to the lab. The tissue is analysed and, if cancer is found they grade it on how aggressive it is.
The Dr. is also concerned if the cancer has entered the muscle structure of the bladder. And to determine this they will do a second TURB to see of there are any more cancer cells that are there after the first surgery.

I remember looking at my first "scope" and seeing what looked like Monster tumors on my bladder. They were quickly removed and graded. I know not what size they were, but I know they were rated "Aggressive" and THAT scared me.

I hope this gives you and idea of what is going on. Keep us in the loop and you can ask anything here. "ANYTHING!"

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: motorcity15

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne