First BCG Treatment

9 years 7 months ago #46784 by carol58
Replied by carol58 on topic First BCG Treatment
Hi Laurel and welcome!

I too was recently diagnosed with stage 1 Grade 3 with a large tumor. Actually it was April 26th. Turb on May 2nd. Then another turb on June 6th. Postponed my bcg until the end of July due to the issues with my bladder. Today I had my 3rd treatment and I am sorry to say that they do get worse. But as many state here if it gets to be to intolerable they can lower the dose. There are a lot of great people on here to answer any of your questions and give lots of support.

Nice to meet you,
Good luck with your treatments!

Carol58
Stage 1 gr 3 BC
2 turbs
3 bcg treatments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #46783 by Laurel
Replied by Laurel on topic First BCG Treatment
Hi Sara:

Thank you for your message.

I think my doctor is scared for me.

My doctor went out of his way to priorities my surgeries and he calls me regularly to see how I am. I know he was surprised how large the tumor was when he went in the first time because he keeps remarking to me about it to this day. So I know you are right it is serious even though there are days it is hard to believe I am even sick, then there are days I am so tired I definitely know something is wrong.

Have a wonderful day,

Laurel

9 years 7 months ago #46782 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic First BCG Treatment
Laurel, I think that the reason that your doctor is being so serious about this is that it IS serious. High grade can get out of hand quickly if not treated. So he adds a bit of "scare" to ensure that you follow the protocols. You ARE on the right track, and as you can see, there are a lot of us who have been where you are and are still here!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 7 months ago #46781 by Laurel
Diane:

It is encouraging that you had the same diagnosis as me in 2006 and it's 8 years later. The way my doctor talks to me he makes it sound like I might not be here in 5 years.

Laurel

9 years 7 months ago #46780 by Laurel
Hi Diane:

Thank you for the response. I hope you feel better today. I must say that having people who are going through the same thing to talk to helps a great deal.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day

Laurel

9 years 7 months ago #46779 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic First BCG Treatment
Hi Laurel and welcome too. I had same diagnosis as you in 2006, and have also had BCG , just had a maintenance treatment yesterday, and spent the afternoon drinking loads of water and not venturing very far from the bathroom, today still feel a bit fluey, but over the worst of it. It is not the pleasantest treatment but much better than some that other cancer sufferers have to put up with.
Hope all goes well for you,
Diane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne